Did you mean: 
kpietras
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
  • 20K Views

Kiosk exam availablity and COVID-19

Jump to solution

Dear Red Hat,

We did not receive any information regarding Exam Kiosk availability while the COVID-19 and restriction around that are in place.
In my country, the Red Hat Partners where kiosk exam resides are closing the offices due to government restrictions. 
Could you please confirm that you are developing some solution which will be extending the exams expiration period for the exam until the situation will be back to normal?
Or is there any plans to attend exams from home?

I know this is a difficult time for many of us.
Please care for each other and our communities when it counts. 
Stay safe and healthy.

104 Replies
Travis

@UNATCOAGENT -

I'll tag in the correct people from the certification team that might be able to shed some more definitive light on the situation and also see if we can get the entire list of exams available as a remote exam.

@RRR / @Lene - Can you provide any guidance as if there is another planned extension of the certifications beyond the current January 2021 deadline?

@Lene - Can you or Greg provide a complete list of all exams that are available as remote exams? I see that the list published has been updated, but it is still missing some of the exams recently made available as remote exams and I'd prefer to have someone from the certification team provide that information.

Thanks,

Travis

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
0 Kudos

Hi @Travis, @RRR@Lene 

Any feedback yet on a possible extension?

Because of Covid-19, capacity is lessened greatly and with the number of people that have to keep their certifications up to date it's gotten really difficult to find a date..

0 Kudos
Lene
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

We are not planning any further extensions at this point, no. That said, it may change

AlekseyUsov
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Just received an email about an extension until April 1. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Wanted to thank RH certification team and everyone who made it possible and I hope that by March or so more exams will become available online.

0 Kudos
Travis

The remote exam site has been updated with lots more exams that have been made available remotely.

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/ways-to-test

At this point, there are 15 exams available for remote deliveries as well as more in process and hopefully on the way soon. The certification team has done a wonderful job of releasing exams for remote delivery. Additionally, we have had some additional exam centers open up for the individual or (kiosk-style) exams. 

Hopefully this extension will provide time for certified individuals to renew their expiring certifications before the deadline.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.