cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huyvl3-fptcloud
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Confused because it was my first time taking the Redhat exam, some questions were asked

I'm confused and have some questions because it's my first time taking the Redhat exam

1.  Can I make a complaint after the exam? If so, what evidence is needed and what are the procedures?
  2. If the exam conditions such as camera and microphone are not met, will it be considered a failure and the number of attempts deducted? I'm using a developer subscription so there are 3 attempts. For example, if I don't meet the exam conditions, will I be deducted and have 2 exams left? Am I understanding this correctly?
  3. Some previous posts shared that there is a subscription registration section to have a software database to use. Is the registration form an account/password or is it using the so-called "activation key"? (I wonder because the lecture only states the account/password format)
  4. During the exam, I can use a 5-minute break, so can I go to the bathroom? For example, pee.
  5. Can I know my score immediately after taking the exam? (I understand that the official decision will be made within 3 days)
  6. Can the test environment be clicked to delete and recreate like in the RHLS training subscription?
  7. Can I share the number of test attempts with others if I have any left over?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TM
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi huyvl3-fptcloud,

I do not have all the answers, and mine below are not official ones.
You better raise an official ticket with the training team.
Still below are my comments.

Yes, you can raise a complaint after the exam. I think it will be difficult for you to "attach" evidence. But I think Red Hat will keep images of your exam machines for few days. So you should be in position to make your "claims" and they in position to verify them.

You should do, and ensure you pass, the compatibility tests BEFORe sitting for the exam.
So yes, you may use and void your attempt if it happens during an exam.

I am not aware of any software database. My feeling is that the published exam objectives, the training materials and others good references are enough to get one prepared and ready.

Yes. You will have to interact with the proctor.

You the official duration already, since generally the results are emailed in less than 4 hours after the end of the exam.

I think so. The reality is that I never needed that and never used that. So I cannot remember clearly. But you should hardly avoid putting yourself in such a situation, as will lose all the that had been done so far, and the exam duration will continue to run.

I doubt.

Regards,

Tshimanga

huyvl3-fptcloud
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank @TM ,

1) "I think it will be difficult for you to "attach" evidence." - you mean the Red Hat exam doesn't have video recording to help with investigation?

0 Kudos
TM
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi huyvl3-fptcloud,

I do not know if Red Hat video records the exam sessions.
They are not really chatty about such topics.

What is sure is that you will not be in possession of such recording for you to be able to "provide" them as "evidence".

My recommandation is to get yourself well prepared to avoid having to raise a complain with them.

Regards,

Tshimanga

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.