Jung1
Cadet
Cadet

Could you help me with initial setups for installing RHEL 9.4?

I made a bootable USB for RHEL 9.4 a few days ago which I used for an old laptop. It went well.

But today I want to install RHEL on my main laptop as well using the same bootable usb. And I wanted to escalate security level compared to when I did it last time on my old laptop

Issue1:
In 'Installation summary' page under 'Connect to Red Hat' tab, there are some options that I don't fully understand.
Set system purpose:
ROLE: RHEL server, RHEL workstation, RHEL compute node
SLA: Premium, Standard,Self-Support

I have a free tier subscription to RHEL for individual developers. And that subscription is also used by my old laptop. So I'm thinkin RHEL workstation for Role and Self-Support for SLA is the answer for me, but I want to be sure.

Issue2:
In 'Installation summary' page,
In 'Security Profile' tab,
I see 3 different levels of anssi-bp-028 security profile I can apply.

The problem is that apparently there has to be some partitioning before applying security profile and I do not know how to do so. All I have is a small bootable usb and a computer.

/srv, /tmp, /var, /var/log must be on a separate partition or logical volume and has to be created in partitioning layout before installation can occur with a security profile.

What I have done so far:
In 'Installation summary page', in 'Installation Source' tab, I selected the default Auto-detected installation media, clicked Verify and it said this device is good to install from.

I created Root password and created a administrator user with same pw as root
Labels (1)
1 Reply
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

So, I know you're asking about the differences in the choices that are being presented to you, but for starters, I'd like to ask if you were successful in completing the installation?

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.