Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leon189
Cadet
Cadet

Do I need RHCSA to take RHCE

Hello,

I am confused. I know that rhcse exam was mandatory for taking rhce exam but if you look at:

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/rhce-faq

How will the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification and exam be affected?

There will be incremental changes to the RHCSA curriculum as part of the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, but these adjustments will be distinct from and less impactful than the RHCE changes. To successfully pass the new RHCE exam, you will not be required to become a RHCSA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8. However, we do recommend you take the new curriculum to properly prepare for the new RHCE exam (EX294) that is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 concepts.

Best regards

14 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

You can take the RHCE before the RHCSA, but you will not earn the RHCE until you take and pass the RHCSA.

---

What you posted was referring to is this: Having an active RHSCA (at the time, v7) was sufficient to take and earn the RHCE (v8).

Same thing is happening now. If you have an RHCSA (v8), you do not need to earn an RHCSA (v9) before taking and earning the RHCE (v9).

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
leon189
Cadet
Cadet

ok, I have voucher and I need to use it i next 60 days .... If I take rhce and pass it and after that take rhces and pass, will I get rhce and rhcsa certifications? 

0 Kudos
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

That is my understanding. However, there may be a time limit (something less than three years). I do not know. I'd check on that.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
0 Kudos
ibrah
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, I've passed the exam RHCSAv8 last year September 2022 and am currently preparing for RHCEv9 exam. So I Can take RHCE exam on version 9, right? 

cyb3rx
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Yes I did RHCSA8 in July 2022 and did RHCEV9 recently
FabioReis
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @leon189 ,
I hope you're fine. 

To have the badge of RHCE is mandatory to have a current RHCSA. 

You will not receive the badge until passing the RHCSA if you passed the RHCE first. 

Regards, 
Fabio

Hi All,

My RHCE-7,8 and RHCSA-7 expired by July 2022. Currently, I am pursuing RHCE-9 (RH294). Is it mandated to take RHCSA-9 to go for RHCE9?

Please advice

Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Abhinanth8 !

You can take RHCE without RHCSA - but you wont be able to download the RHCE certificate unless you have a valid RHCSA. 

0 Kudos

Thanks @Chetan_Tiwary_  

Will I be able to know whether I have passed the RHCE9  or not once I attempt the exam.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.