Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHCSA Exam

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, I've a question about installing packages. 

• Install and update software packages from Red Hat Network, a remote repository, or from the local file system. I want to know if there are other ways other than dnf and rpm to install software packages and how? Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @khokha !

I donot know what is in the exam and what is not and even If I knew, I could not disclose it ( NDA ). 

However, I guess what is not in the objectives should not appear in the exam as well. I can see these two objetives mentioned regarding the file permissions :

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1690835047861.png

Chetan_Tiwary__1-1690835077178.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @khokha !

Thanks for reaching out!

As far as RHEL  ( fedora, centos ) is considered , RPM and YUM / DNF is the package manager that is used. 

khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@Chetan_Tiwary_  can you please tell me if ACL is part of the RHCSA v9 exam, i couldn't find it as part of the objectives. Are the objectives completely clear or may be some point could show up in the exam even though they aren't stated in the objectives?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @khokha !

I donot know what is in the exam and what is not and even If I knew, I could not disclose it ( NDA ). 

However, I guess what is not in the objectives should not appear in the exam as well. I can see these two objetives mentioned regarding the file permissions :

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1690835047861.png

Chetan_Tiwary__1-1690835077178.png

khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

i've one more question, so please bear with me. can any topic which isn't in the study material show up in the exam not only for rhcsa but for any other exam of RedHat?

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @khokha !

Red Hat exams are not like a monolithic exam format wherein they will only ask what is in the guided exercises and Lab exercises - the exam , though structured around the objectives and the course it recommends, - it keeps on challenging you to push your learning limits so as to earn those valuable skills that will help you in tackling a real life production system scenario. 

Having said that - there wont be any "topic" which is not in the objectives - but my recommendation would be to keep on diving in the concepts discussed and the references it mentions - so as to have a wider understanding of topics and concepts. Also know that there might be more than one way of doing things in a Linux system - so as long as the objectives are met - you can use any method that can solve a question provided it is allowed in the minimal exam environment and it persists after reboot. 

khokha
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.