Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ad_astra
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHCSA - Use of subscription manager

Jump to solution

Hi

Does anyone know if you're required to setup/register the subscription manager for the EX200 exam? I couldn't find the subscription-manager in the objectives, so I am assuming it is not required. 

When running dnf commands on an unregistered host, I have been seeing messages relating to registering and wondered how it affects the use of dnf if you are using some locally defined repos e.g. repos that are not hosted in the Red Hat Content Delivery Network.

Thanks for reading

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Ad_astra ! 

Thanks for reaching out!

The EX200 objectives mention this : 

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1698937322895.png

We recommend learners to expect queries based on the objectives listed and prepare them from the corresponding sections in the course. 

Chapter 12 of RH124v9 course covers this part of objective - so refer to this here.

You are right about messages relating to registering while running the dnf  command in an unregistered host because dnf is trying to reach Red Hat CDN to check for updates in the software , however using the local repo ( configured via  /etc/dnf/dnf.conf  or preferrably via .repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d/ dirrectory ) should not be an issue. 

Refer RH124v9 : Chapter 12 section 7 for the same.

In the examination - everything required , from the infrastructure side , to enable you to troubleshoot / configure the question's objective is provided - do not worry about those. You should prepare as per the objectives listed and the course contents.

What will come in the examination and what not is out of scope for discussions due to the NDA.

Let us know if you are facing any issues or if you need any help regarding any course content. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
shashi01

@Ad_astra 

Thanks for reaching out!

Due to the NDA, I cannot discuss about the exam scenarios or what is being asked in the exam. Having said that- I would strongly recommend you to go through the EX200 exam objetives here :https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam?...

You should prepare on those objectives through the EX200 course. You should be good !

All the best !

0 Kudos
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Ad_astra ! 

Thanks for reaching out!

The EX200 objectives mention this : 

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1698937322895.png

We recommend learners to expect queries based on the objectives listed and prepare them from the corresponding sections in the course. 

Chapter 12 of RH124v9 course covers this part of objective - so refer to this here.

You are right about messages relating to registering while running the dnf  command in an unregistered host because dnf is trying to reach Red Hat CDN to check for updates in the software , however using the local repo ( configured via  /etc/dnf/dnf.conf  or preferrably via .repo file in the /etc/yum.repos.d/ dirrectory ) should not be an issue. 

Refer RH124v9 : Chapter 12 section 7 for the same.

In the examination - everything required , from the infrastructure side , to enable you to troubleshoot / configure the question's objective is provided - do not worry about those. You should prepare as per the objectives listed and the course contents.

What will come in the examination and what not is out of scope for discussions due to the NDA.

Let us know if you are facing any issues or if you need any help regarding any course content. 

0 Kudos
Ad_astra
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thank you for your reply. 

I am using the RH199 course and Chapter 8 appears to cover the most of the same topics as RH124 Chapter 12.

Most systems I have used (outside of an exam) have already been pre-configured with the required credentials, so it is not something I have done before.

I appreciate your help. 

Thanks again.

Chetan_Tiwary_

@Ad_astra Ok sure ! Yes, RH199 chapter 8 covers the same. 

If you want to know more about the subscription and registration part , refer this : https://access.redhat.com/solutions/253273 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.