Hi all, has someone experienced remote exam using a Mac? Can you share difficulties you encounter. All my connection tests were OK. Here are some observations using a Macbook Pro later 2013.
- I needed a ethernet cable, an external mouse/trackpad, 1 usb hub for webcam and mouse.
The best thing to do:
- Make a Fedora live usb
- Have an external webcam
- Connect your mabook Pro with a ethernet cable (I used an ethernet thunderbolt adaptor)
I took my PE180 exam recently on my late 2013 Macbook Pro, here is what I did:
- Boot on Fedora usb live
- Configure a mac os keyboard via settings
- Make sur the Network configuration is 1000Mbs
- Dowload chromium (the only required browser)
- Connect to icloud mail to access to my exam reservation
- Use the url to proceed all compatibility checks (OK for all tests)
- Take my exam
you need to disable teh Secure boot and enable USB booting
Also, do not use and thunderbolt adapters, it would not work
Use only usb adapters and convertors
Using iMac 2019 27 inch. Fedora doesn't detect internal sound card so I'm using external sound card (USB based).
It also doesn't detect Wifi but anyway the exam requirement is to use Ethernet.
Also there is an issue with screen resolution (looks like it doesn't detect high resolutions and cannot scale the smaller one into the whole screen) so you can use only approximatly 1/4 of your screen.
But still it is better than my 15'' Dell notebook :-)