Nitesh07
Cadet
Cadet

What should I learn Rhel 7 or 8 or both?

Jump to solution
Hello,
My name is Nitesh. I am a beginner in Linux . I need some help! When I compare objectives of Rhel 7 or 8 they are very different because of this I am confused what should I learn Rhel 7 or 8 or both?
Or when I apply for Linux system administrator job they ask me question regarding what I study like Rhel 7 or according to latest Rhel ?
Please guide me
Thank you
Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Umang1
Cadet
Cadet

First try to learn basis of Linux, that would be enough for a begineer to start with. Yes there is a slight difference between rhel 7 and rhel 8 , but that must be understandable once you enter to actual environment. I assumed still most of the organization are now using rhel 7..so you shoud not face much of the issues. 

But try to do your basis rights..

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Umang1
Cadet
Cadet

First try to learn basis of Linux, that would be enough for a begineer to start with. Yes there is a slight difference between rhel 7 and rhel 8 , but that must be understandable once you enter to actual environment. I assumed still most of the organization are now using rhel 7..so you shoud not face much of the issues. 

But try to do your basis rights..

Fran_Garcia
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Also, RHEL9 was published several months ago. So who wants to be working for a company that only embaces old software?

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.