cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mukeshkumar
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

automation opportunities and best practices to accelerate the obsolescence remediat at OS

Hello Experts,

I need automation opportunities and best practices to accelerate the obsolescence remediat at operating system level.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bonnevil
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

If you're looking for a course that has examples beyond what Red Hat covers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Automation with Ansible (RH294), then you might want to look at Red Hat Services Management and Automation (RH358).  That course covers most of the same services as the RH254 RHCE course for RHEL 7, but includes examples of how to automate most of what we do in the course with Ansible Playbooks and roles.

One thing to think about as well is how you want to manage your automation, and for that you might want to consider using Red Hat Ansible Tower.  I like it a lot, and it works really well to store your Ansible content in a Git repository and then have Ansible Tower pull it and run it from a centralized, authenticated web UI; you can pull a particular tag or branch, which is handy.  I feel like I'm advertising in this post, but the DO447 course does cover Ansible Tower and some advanced Ansible techniques.  Red Hat also recently updated the Red Hat Developer free subscription to include Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, so both Ansible Tower and the new Automation Hub product can be accessed more easily for practice or development purposes.

Other than that, your question is pretty broad, which makes it tough to answer.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.