cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unexpectedly removed a storage disk from physical server and disk formatted from storage side.

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

Any one help on this issue. Some of the my team members are don't know how to remove the disk from linux server, They did unmounted the mount point and commented on fstab file and they conformed to storage team for removing the disk. The storage team was simple removed the disk and formatted also. but in the server storage disk was showing now. As per my knowledge, if we did the reboot the server it will resolve. but in here one more question was raised. If i did the reboot, server will bring up or not.

Thanks & Regards

Hari Babu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hi @haribabu2400 !

I am not sure but I think rebooting will help resolve the issue , if not we can goto rescue mode and resolve any issues that might comein ( example may be fsck is required , dependencies need to be handled or fstab file settings etc).

However, please check before doing anything to production servers and do not apply any troubleshooting randomly. Engage the teams responsible and open a support case to vendor if required. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hi @haribabu2400 !

I am not sure but I think rebooting will help resolve the issue , if not we can goto rescue mode and resolve any issues that might comein ( example may be fsck is required , dependencies need to be handled or fstab file settings etc).

However, please check before doing anything to production servers and do not apply any troubleshooting randomly. Engage the teams responsible and open a support case to vendor if required. 

0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thank you so much for your reply, One good thing in here, this is not a production server, that's why we are little bit lucky in this time. Okay we will try as you said above with approvels and RED HAT support.

Thanks & Regards

Hari Babu

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.