julian7
Cadet
Cadet

Final review lab use of vim

Jump to solution

In the Solution of the final review lab (https://rol.redhat.com/rol/app/courses/rh124-9.0/pages/ch15s06), 3 times it says to use vim to save the output of shell commands to files. 

Why would one do that instead of just redirecting the command output to the files?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

@julian7 Yes you can use the redirection to achieve the same however I think,  since it is a beginner course may be that is why it is demonstrated like that.

I will forward the feedback to our course developers to may be improve this step in future release of this course. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@julian7 Yes you can use the redirection to achieve the same however I think,  since it is a beginner course may be that is why it is demonstrated like that.

I will forward the feedback to our course developers to may be improve this step in future release of this course. 

julian7
Cadet
Cadet

Hi @Chetan_Tiwary_ 

Thanks.  I mentioned it because in previous chapters the course teaches how to redirect outputs to files etc.  So I found the instructions to use vim in this instance humerous.  I do think it's an oversight.

Chetan_Tiwary_

yeah you are right and thanks for your time and feedback !

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.