Hikt
Cadet
Cadet

rh124 ch15s05 - Review

After creating the new connection profile and using the `nmcli con up` command with the new profile it stalls for a minute or 2 and then kicks me off serverb, and I am no longer able to connect to it via ssh.

I checked the solution provided in the review, and my connection profile was the same as the solution. I tried it a second time using the exact commands provided in the solution and got the same result

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

@Hikt Refer the important note there in the lab and use serverb console directly to configure the networking tasks. 

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1718791694722.png

Jason_R_Preston
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I made the same mistake the first time, i.e.I had made and ssh connection from the Workstation console. Because the IP configuration changed, my ssh connection was no longer valid. As Chetan_Tiwary_ pointed out, the instructions indicate yopu need to use the serverb console to make these configuration changes. Keep this kind of scenario in mind for the exam as well.

Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Of course it did. You connected using SSH, which uses the system's IP address. Even if you used ssh serverb, it still resolves into an IP address (see /etc/hosts).

Once you changed its IP address, you lose connection. You can reconnect using the new IP address . . . as long as you configured it correctly: ssh 172.25.250.111

(ssh serverb would not work because /etc/hosts still points to the old 172.25.250.11 address. Of course, you could edit the file to point to the new address.)

As others have pointed out, you should have been using the console connection all along as it says in the instructions as it doesn't use an IP address.

So that's the important point, especially if you re going to take a certification exam: be sure to read, and understand, ALL of the instructions...

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.