Ravi_Shanker
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Chapter 3 Protecting Data with LUKS and NBDE Lab luks-review

Jump to solution

Chapter 3 Protecting Data with LUKS and NBDE Lab -  luks-review.

The lab grade script fails when the UUID entries are made in /etc/fstab and passed only when the /dev/mapper/encryptedvdb1 entry is made in /etc/fstab. This should not have failed for UUID as nowhere in lab question it is mentioned to use only that way to solve the lab exercise. Hope the exam scripts don't grade this way. Using UUID entry in crypttab does not cause a problem. I have checked and the UUID entries were properly made and the correct filesystem was mounted.

9. Configure the encrypted partition to automatically decrypt and mount on the /encrypted
directory at boot time.

Certification ID: 111-010-393
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Ravi_Shanker !

Thanks for reporting this to us here. I was able to reproduce what you stated and it seems the grading script in the course is hard coded to match the device path instead of UUID :

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1703853303828.png

However, I tried the same exercise in the latest v9.2 ( EA course ) and it is not an issue there :

Chetan_Tiwary__1-1703853382320.png

I will report the v7 error in ch03s05 to have it fixed asap! 

Please donot worry about the exam grading as it is not graded exactly as the course grading ( as it has a different objective ).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @Ravi_Shanker !

Thanks for reporting this to us here. I was able to reproduce what you stated and it seems the grading script in the course is hard coded to match the device path instead of UUID :

Chetan_Tiwary__0-1703853303828.png

However, I tried the same exercise in the latest v9.2 ( EA course ) and it is not an issue there :

Chetan_Tiwary__1-1703853382320.png

I will report the v7 error in ch03s05 to have it fixed asap! 

Please donot worry about the exam grading as it is not graded exactly as the course grading ( as it has a different objective ).

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.