Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duck
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Class rooms labs failing to build

Hello,

First of all, once again I would like to thank everyone involved for providing cloud based labs that my students can use to do their work. It is generally well built, scripted and thought out.

Now the issue. Almost every Tuesday roughly between 1000-1400 UTC+8, my students cannot build their labs. They navigate to the correct tab in their course, click "Create" and will often give up and go home after an hour or more of waiting for the lab images to build. The images sit on "Building" or "Activating" indefinitely and some times it even fails out right.

This seems to not happen at other times, leading me to suspect some sort of capacity issues may be at hand.

I have submitted several tickets to the support email address. Each time roughly 24 hours later, I get a reply suggesting "it works now" with out any further investigation. Yes, it does "work now" but that is of no help every other Tuesday when it happens again. I have asked for my latest ticket to be escelated for investigation but I thought I would also try my luck here

Has anyone else encountered this? and is there some recommendation on potential work around or solution that may be available to me here? I may have to abandon teaching the course if the labs are unreliable in this way; I don't have any control over the local hardware meaning that imaging the machines locally is not an option for me.

Below is what we typically see during this issue.

Example of build settings during failure.Example of build settings during failure.

2 Replies
Syed
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Duck Thank you for providing your feedback. Let me forward the issue flagged for investigation. 

Duck
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thanks for that, I really appreciate the quick response. I did get a response to my request for escalation. My ticket was closed because "it works now".

Is there someone I could contact outside of the regular support process that can keep me updated or that I may be able to troubleshoot further with?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.