Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edwalshjr
Cadet
Cadet

Classroom Server Password?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

What is the password to the Classroom Server? My students are having trouble getting labs to load in NETLABS, and I think it's a problem on the server. Unfortunately, I can't find the password in any of my documentation.

Thanks,
Ed Walsh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@edwalshjr

It is a problem with the classroom server. Perhaps your problem is the same as the one we just fixed.

Recently, a certificate expired, which prevents the downloading of some content and set up/grading scripts from the classroom to the desktop and server VMs. However, in most cases, having the password will not work as the NetLab pods reset to a their defaults after you log out, causing you to lose any changes you make.

There is a fix for this. We received an email from NDG detailing this. Perhaps you did too. In any event, here is what it says:

Thank you for choosing NETLAB+ to support your educational programs. Please be advised that some necessary modifications have been made to a virtual machine in the Red Hat System Administration Pod, which is used to support the following labs:
  • Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
  • Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
  • Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
Please complete the following steps to obtain the updated virtual machine and replace the Red Hat System Administration Pods currently on your NETLAB+ system:
  1. The pod virtual machine named “RHSA_FM_Classroom.ova” is currently available from CSSIA for download (see release notes). This single VM will replace the current master classroom VM. Request virtual machine templates from CSSIA.
  2. It will be necessary to delete all normal pods prior to replacing this virtual machine in the master pod and re-cloning pods. For guidance, please refer to the Red Hat System Administration Pod Planning and Installation Guide.

Best Regards,

Network Development Grou
p

I do know the password. Anyone using the DIY (physical) lab set up knows it. It is the same as the root account's password in foundation0. I'm fairly certain that Red Hat doesn't want us sharing that password to students to the public at-large.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@edwalshjr

It is a problem with the classroom server. Perhaps your problem is the same as the one we just fixed.

Recently, a certificate expired, which prevents the downloading of some content and set up/grading scripts from the classroom to the desktop and server VMs. However, in most cases, having the password will not work as the NetLab pods reset to a their defaults after you log out, causing you to lose any changes you make.

There is a fix for this. We received an email from NDG detailing this. Perhaps you did too. In any event, here is what it says:

Thank you for choosing NETLAB+ to support your educational programs. Please be advised that some necessary modifications have been made to a virtual machine in the Red Hat System Administration Pod, which is used to support the following labs:
  • Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
  • Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
  • Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
Please complete the following steps to obtain the updated virtual machine and replace the Red Hat System Administration Pods currently on your NETLAB+ system:
  1. The pod virtual machine named “RHSA_FM_Classroom.ova” is currently available from CSSIA for download (see release notes). This single VM will replace the current master classroom VM. Request virtual machine templates from CSSIA.
  2. It will be necessary to delete all normal pods prior to replacing this virtual machine in the master pod and re-cloning pods. For guidance, please refer to the Red Hat System Administration Pod Planning and Installation Guide.

Best Regards,

Network Development Grou
p

I do know the password. Anyone using the DIY (physical) lab set up knows it. It is the same as the root account's password in foundation0. I'm fairly certain that Red Hat doesn't want us sharing that password to students to the public at-large.

edwalshjr
Cadet
Cadet

Hi Tracy,

Thanks! I was able to get the labs working again with the infomation you posted.

Have a great day,

Ed Walsh

Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Thanks, Ed. I was only too happy to help!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.