benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

[HELP] Changging Course + Pushing Course from RH124 to RH134 Return Nothing

Jump to solution

Hello, I want to ask to fellow instructor and engineer here. I will deliver my RH134 course next week, but I'm hit the wall regarding the the command of rht-pushcourse XX, XX= the foundation number. On Foundation0, I already set and verify the changes of RH124 to RH134 and the variabel already set on the f0 or instructor server, the problem is, when I push to client example foundation17 or foundation20, the variable won't be changed, and I need to manually change /etc/rht on each student foundation, from rh124 to rh134, so the VM that's reseted/rht-vmctl fullreset all -y will take new rh134 vm.

I don't know the implication for this, but the rht-pushcourse doesn't even throw any error, and I can ssh to each foundation perfectly and change each variabel in /etc/rht, I'm afraid this manual change on the variabel will cause some consequences that will be a problem when teaching next week. Any insight or suggestion is really appriciated, as I'm on APAC region, no direct hotline to ask like in NA/US region. Thank you.

NB : I can't reinstall the kiosk foundation for now, as it's a dual boot mode image, and on RHA new learning platform now, there're no option for dual boot like first RHA launch in 2019, or maybe I'm mistaken, as we also need the other propiertary OS side by side on our labs, so reinstalling isn't option for now. Thanks

Last time I remember @ralii is the one who packaged the iso to gilmore/rha react platform. Maybe kindly sir, can you give some insight? Thanks.

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ralii
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi, it's still me.... :-)

So to "protect" you, rht-pushcourse will not "overwrite" the settings on a foundationX system.

Take a look at ClassroomReset.txt, in particular the refereces to a "midweek course change".

rht-clearcourse is the friend you are looking for....

Also, dualboot is still there, just not called out as a unique set of files. It is available for all deliveries/images we upload to RHALP.

--Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ralii
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi, it's still me.... :-)

So to "protect" you, rht-pushcourse will not "overwrite" the settings on a foundationX system.

Take a look at ClassroomReset.txt, in particular the refereces to a "midweek course change".

rht-clearcourse is the friend you are looking for....

Also, dualboot is still there, just not called out as a unique set of files. It is available for all deliveries/images we upload to RHALP.

--Rob

benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello Sire, Thank you for reaching back. I forgot about it, really (the classroomReset.txt), which is sad :') more like I miss if the file ever being there 😣😂. Anyway I will look at it on RHA React App. Anyway is there anyway to give feedback regarding the categorization of the Image Resources that's provided on RHA React App? I know it's seperate Issue, but last time I already submit feedback regarding this via RHA Platform, but seems it's end up as black hole, no one reaching back 🤣🤣.

It will be simpler if the TXT file/readme, the image, categorized as one part, eg for RH8.2 with 8.2 Image, Readme, INST, and Foundation/kickstart client/pxe boot as one folder or binded as one category, because I'm quite confused with the new ways it presented the File on the React App.

cc @ShirishVPandey and @Deanna 

0 Kudos
ralii
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi there,

So a phrase I like to use is "you are preaching to the choir"....

I have requests in to help reorganize the lab download area of RHALP. We are waiting on some developer time to allow me to do a little more "self-service" of the area.

I am also working on a new document that should try to "bridge" the gap between the assumptions that we have with those txt files. They are written for our commercial RHCIs who go through some additional training. I am looking to extract the elements from that training to make available to you all.... Hopefully will be available on RHALP in the coming weeks.

--Rob
Solutions Architect
Red Hat Training and Certification

benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello Sire. We as RHA really really thankful for those effort that RH Enterprise Team put in, if there anyway I can contribute in, count me in, I'm glad to help.

For my problem, also after filddling through the .txt, I got more revelation. My foundation0 server is broken before, and I do clean install, so most of my client kiosk/foundation1-40 are unidentified by the server, and after reading thoroughly, I do rht-discover X and well now I can push the course and do rht-vmctl get all like before. Seems I quite sloopy on this, but thank you for pointing at those txt, it does helpful!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.