cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ben_Eapen Cadet
Cadet

RHCSA / RHCE - RHEL 8

I'll be attempting my RHCSA next week. Since RHEL 8 beta is out, how soon will it be before certs for RHEL 8 be available ?  Would it make sense for me to wait for RHEL 8 certs to be available or go ahead and attempt RHCE for RHEL 7 in 2-3 months as I initially planned ?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Flight Engineer ralii Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: RHCSA / RHCE - RHEL 8

Hi Ben,
So generally Red Hat does not release public courseware on beta products. There is no definitive date for when the full release of RHEL 8 will become available since beta just hit yesterday. The curriculum and certification teams generally try to release course and exam updates shortly after the full produxt release, though that is subject to change.
I would recommend that you go ahead and pursue RHEL 7 certs given your timeframe.
Good.luck and let us know how we can help.
--Rob
Highlander of UCF (the classroom environment)
Ben_Eapen Cadet
Cadet

Hey Ralii,

Thanx a lot for your quck response. Shall go ahead as you suggested.

Cheers

Ben

0 Kudos
Lakshya Cadet
Cadet

Is it possible,if I go for RHCSA certification in RHEL7 , and if by the time I prepare for RHCE, The RHEL8 gets released. Then is it possible to be RHCSA certified in RHEL7 and RHCE certified in RHEL8?. Waiting for a reply soon. Please help.
0 Kudos

Hello community,

Could you please answer the question of Lakshya?

Is it feasible to gain the RHCSA in RHEL 7 and then being certified in RHEL 8 for RHCE?

Or whoever became RHCSA certified in RHEL7 and wants to become also in RHCE in RHEL8(after the release date of RHEL 8) must first become again RHCSA certified in RHEL8?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer JG_Kootstra Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Last_Year_hero,

It is not upto customers to answer Red Hat policy questions.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer JG_Kootstra Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Lakshya,

Please contact Red Hat Training in you region, for this is a question most of us do not know how to answer.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer macplox Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Definitely get started on the 7.6 version RHEL or CentOS. Vast majority of the subjects of interest regarding RHCSA will be the same.

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer magoyal Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I would suggest that do not wait for RHEL 8. go for RHCSA/RHCE on Rhel 7 . 

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer Lisenet Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

A bit of a history. RHEL 7 was released in June 2014. RHEL 6 training and RHCSA/RHCE exams were available for purchase through February 2015. In other words, Red Hat gave candidates 8 months to purchase exams for RHEL 6 after RHEL 7 was released. On top of that, candidates were allowed 1 year from the purchase date to take the exam on RHEL 6.

Having said that, I think it’s safe to say that you’ll be able to take the exam on RHEL 7 until at least the end of this year. If you want to be certain, then purchase the exam on RHEL 7 now, by doing so you will be confident that the exam will be on RHEL 7.