Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Any plans to allow snapshots inside the lab?

A number of the labs can be reset to state x using the various scripts. Often this does return the image to the previous state so a full reset is required.

I would like to the option added to be able to take snapshots.

Invaluable especially when you are studying for an exam.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Re: Any plans to allow snapshots inside the lab?

@Traxtopel,

We've talked about how we could do this off and on over the years, so it's already on our radar, however, we've not found a good way to accomplish this, yet.  I know some classes are highly susceptable to a loss of work if the machines get borked (like the Satellite class).  Unfortunately, at this time, I don't have an estimate on when such a thing may happen.

If there are scripts that are supposed to 'catch up' your environment to a specific state and they are not working, you should open a up a support case to report the issue.  The Technical Support Engineer will write up a bug report that feeds into the content development team.  This type of issue isn't going to be a high priority, but depending on the course, the do sometimes execute maintenance releases on courses, or review the outstanding bugs when they are taking on a major revision of the course.

-STM

--
Principle Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.