La_Poutine
Cadet
Cadet

Best way to learn for EX200 exam.

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I would be interested to learn though the Red Hat Learning Subscription, but the price tag is just to expensive for me since it would be from my own pocket.

Is there anything recommended (officially or not) that would allow me to learn and ace the EX200 exam?

Thx!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JS_Learning

Re: Best way to learn for EX200 exam.

Jump to solution

Hi @La_Poutine ,

I work for Red Hat now, as a Cloud Consultant. I'm on this learn.redhat.com because I like helping and as part of my job I have to constantly learn and improve my skills. I'm sharing that because I was in your position around 3-4 years ago (ie not a Red Hat employee, who wanted to get some trainings and had to invest personal money in some courses). Therefore, I'm trying to be objective and/or subjective based on your position... I mean I am not trying to convince anyone because "I'm working with Red Hat".

It's true, the Red Hat Standard Subscription is very expensive for individuals, and I think it's a topic on its own. For me it has been important investment, and I build progressing my career thanks to that (and other efforts from me). Anyway, focusing on only the course to prepare for that exam: I followed the RH199 (rh199-rhcsa-rapid-track-course ). It looks that one can purchase it individually (yes, the prices appears to be rather steep for individuals too).

That's one of the best course I had a a while, it was well done, rather intensive (it took me more than 4 days to be proficient) but very interesting. It's full of experience sharing from the very experienced author (I followed the video course), useful command tricks, etc... Very worthy. So I see that budget is an issue, and that's understandable. It's a shame because that course is one of the best I followed.

Another example, since someone else mentionned other platforms: I did learn/prepare better for the EX407 Ansible exam from Linux Academy, than on the Red Hat RH407 course. Let's say that one was more about teaching important skills and the other teaching more specific skills for the exam, not all covered in the training course. 

I sometimes complement learning with videos from Sander van Vugt too, especially for course like RHCE. It's also someone very experienced sharing that knowledge.

I would say that for RHCSA, preparing for EX200, I only used the Red Hat course... While for other exams, I had to use other additional resources.

Coming back to the RH Standard Subscription, that also includes exams, and some training labs, etc... Red Hat learning-subscription which somehow is money one would have to pay anywhere later. For example the EX200 exam costs, like 400USD, 515 Euros... 

Anyway, if I were you, I would use Red Hat generosity, and use the free trial Smiley Very Happy. It's for 7 days, which should give you time to follow a complete course like RH199 (note: it's the fast track for experience Linux users, there are other courses for beginners).

Free trial Red Hat Learning Subscription  

Moreover, some other people are making their own labs, and learning from the exam objectives. They deploy labs with Vagrant, or use virtual machines, etc... and do practical exercices from various documentations... That's certainly not for everyone either, I would say that it's quite possible for preparing for an exam like EX200...

Whatever you choose, good luck and congratulations for the choices you will make to invest in yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ericbos
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

Sander van Vugt has a great video course on O'Reilly 

Prince Bajaj on Udemy

0 Kudos
La_Poutine
Cadet
Cadet

Jump to solution
Thank you very much I will have a look...
0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Jump to solution

Hi @La_Poutine ,

I work for Red Hat now, as a Cloud Consultant. I'm on this learn.redhat.com because I like helping and as part of my job I have to constantly learn and improve my skills. I'm sharing that because I was in your position around 3-4 years ago (ie not a Red Hat employee, who wanted to get some trainings and had to invest personal money in some courses). Therefore, I'm trying to be objective and/or subjective based on your position... I mean I am not trying to convince anyone because "I'm working with Red Hat".

It's true, the Red Hat Standard Subscription is very expensive for individuals, and I think it's a topic on its own. For me it has been important investment, and I build progressing my career thanks to that (and other efforts from me). Anyway, focusing on only the course to prepare for that exam: I followed the RH199 (rh199-rhcsa-rapid-track-course ). It looks that one can purchase it individually (yes, the prices appears to be rather steep for individuals too).

That's one of the best course I had a a while, it was well done, rather intensive (it took me more than 4 days to be proficient) but very interesting. It's full of experience sharing from the very experienced author (I followed the video course), useful command tricks, etc... Very worthy. So I see that budget is an issue, and that's understandable. It's a shame because that course is one of the best I followed.

Another example, since someone else mentionned other platforms: I did learn/prepare better for the EX407 Ansible exam from Linux Academy, than on the Red Hat RH407 course. Let's say that one was more about teaching important skills and the other teaching more specific skills for the exam, not all covered in the training course. 

I sometimes complement learning with videos from Sander van Vugt too, especially for course like RHCE. It's also someone very experienced sharing that knowledge.

I would say that for RHCSA, preparing for EX200, I only used the Red Hat course... While for other exams, I had to use other additional resources.

Coming back to the RH Standard Subscription, that also includes exams, and some training labs, etc... Red Hat learning-subscription which somehow is money one would have to pay anywhere later. For example the EX200 exam costs, like 400USD, 515 Euros... 

Anyway, if I were you, I would use Red Hat generosity, and use the free trial Smiley Very Happy. It's for 7 days, which should give you time to follow a complete course like RH199 (note: it's the fast track for experience Linux users, there are other courses for beginners).

Free trial Red Hat Learning Subscription  

Moreover, some other people are making their own labs, and learning from the exam objectives. They deploy labs with Vagrant, or use virtual machines, etc... and do practical exercices from various documentations... That's certainly not for everyone either, I would say that it's quite possible for preparing for an exam like EX200...

Whatever you choose, good luck and congratulations for the choices you will make to invest in yourself!

View solution in original post

La_Poutine
Cadet
Cadet

Jump to solution
Thank you very much for the time spent on this detailed answer. I will use that info moving forward for sure....
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.