Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

CL220 Cloudforms Disconnect between CFME (Cloud Forms Management Engine) and RHVM (Red Hat Virtuali

Jump to solution

I am trying to apply a policy to a VM that is running. In RHVM I have three machines running with IP addresses displayed. But in CFME in the Computer --> Infrastructure --> Virtual Machines only a template is showing up. To apply a policy I need the vm to show up there.

Talking to the support I got the answer "I think there is button in the couldforms UI to authorize CF to RHVM. The exact status may not me visible due to authentication token timeout. Reauthorizing will help to retrieve the exact status.". Looked up the documentation and the UI's but could not find anything.

Talking again to the support, he said:

Unfortunately this chat is meant to address the difficulties that learners face in the course. The issue that you reported is more to do with the platform of the lab. I suggest you report the issue over a ticket so that the learning support team will investigate and resolve it.
Please open a support ticket at https://access.redhat.com/support/cases with :
Product code as "Red Hat Online Learning"
This is due to limitation of chat that I cannot access your labs to look into the issue and hence requesting you to raise support ticket.

There should be a simple answer to it, or? Re-authentication somehow, or a switch, button or something. Any idea?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: CL220 Cloudforms Disconnect between CFME (Cloud Forms Management Engine) and RHVM (Red Hat Virtu

Jump to solution

Last year I had issues with this lab. When I start the lab .. preformed the followin.

Check RHEV online

Check RHEV credentials

Check OpenStack credentials.

Then restart the neutron service.

openstack-service restart neutron

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: CL220 Cloudforms Disconnect between CFME (Cloud Forms Management Engine) and RHVM (Red Hat Virtu

Jump to solution

Last year I had issues with this lab. When I start the lab .. preformed the followin.

Check RHEV online

Check RHEV credentials

Check OpenStack credentials.

Then restart the neutron service.

openstack-service restart neutron

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

Jump to solution

Thanks a million Traxtopel for the support. At the end, I restarted the lab from scratch and everything worked out perfectly until the point where I have to stop the exercise. Restarting the lab at the next day resulted in the same behaviour: no connection from RHV-M to CFME (the opposite was functioning, as I could still trigger RHV-M to start, stop, create VMs).
I found while doing the complete lab from the beginning the point where I could 'Re-check Authentication Status' with OpenStack. Worked out perfectly. The provider was invalid and re-authenticating brought it back to status 'valid'. The is already a comment in the lab for that (Guided Exercise: Adding a Cloud and Network Provider).

CL220 - 3.6 Guided Exercise - Adding a Could and Network Provider.png

But for the CFME to RHV-M connection I did not found anything comparable. Even if there is the same function for the infrastructure provider RHV-M. I used 'Re-check Authentication Status' but the connection from RHV-M to CFME was not re-established. I could not get the VMs status update to CFME.

Cheers,

Holger!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.