The exam scheduler does not extend the availability of my exams as per this banner: "Many testing locations worldwide are temporarily closed. If your exam eligibility was originally scheduled to expire between March 24 and September 30, 2020, your eligibility was extended 180 days. We have further extended these dates another 90 days. Please note that we will soon offer some exams for remote delivery":
- Eligibility Code: RHLS-*****EX280V42KRed Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration Expiration Date 2020-08-07 Expires in 16 Day(s)
- Eligibility Code: RHLS-*****EX288V42KRed Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development Exam v4.2 Expiration Date 2020-08-07 Expires in 16 Day(s)
I am also unable to schedule a remote exam, even though the email suggests so: "We are pleased to announce the availability of the following exam for remote delivery: "EX280V42K Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam"
Please confirm that:
1. You have extended the exam taking window, as per the note, by 180 days + 90 days.
2. I am able to take exams remotely.
3. As a RHLS customer, I can take advantage of my exam retakes, as previously confirmed by RH.
As you can imagine, the COVID situation is impacting the availability of testing centers..
@cmihai I will try to help you answer these questions. If these exams were scheduled through your RHLS, then the original expiration date of the exam would match your RHLS expiration date. That should have been extended by 180 days.
- What is your RHLS expiration date?
As for Remote Exams, you must be set up as a Pilot user. I will message you directly with those instructions for the pilot user group, so they are not confused by the broader community.
Last, retake exams will need to be handled by your regional support team. If your RHLS has expired, there is no mechanism to set up a retake. I encourage you to work with your sales lead, or support team to enable this, as RHLS is not doing this by default.
It looks like the exam was *just* updated in the exam scheduler, and now lists:
- EX280V42K Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration Expiration Date2021-02-03Expires in 195 Day(s)
- EX288V42K Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development Exam v4.2
I assume remote options are in progress for these exams, not yet available through the pilot? Either way, would appreciate information on how to take them through pilot when available.