max_s
Cadet
Cadet

DO180 4.2 Chapter 6

Hi, in the Chapter mentioned in the subject there is a guided exercise "Exposing a service as a route" which runs fine, until I reach the 5.2 step that instructs to change the route name adding "-xyz". In my lab env this fails because (and the message is quite clear) the compound host name exceeds the 63 characters allowed. Easy to fix. However my concern is that, since this depends on the lenght of the username string, and this username is automatically provided by RH, if for some reason there is a similar situation in a certification session, this may impact the grade.

Or in exam sessions the username and the other parameters are "standard & proven" and not linked to the *real* name of the candidate, so this situation cannot happen ?

thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ashish_Lingayat

Re: DO180 4.2 Chapter 6

Hi @max_s,

The issue you faced is because of the long username used in the lab environment. 

Although it is difficult to say about the examination environment due to policy, still, I believe this should be known since this is a limitation of technology and should be considered accordingly.

Happy learning!

Regards,

Ashish

SebG
Cadet
Cadet

0 Kudos
flozano

Exam questions should be made using:

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments/

I'm not dismissing the issue with the course, but beware that discussing exam details can make you lose your current certifications and becoming inellegible to new ones.

0 Kudos

that discussing exam details can make you lose your current certifications and becoming inellegible to new ones.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.