BogdanB
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

DO180 and DO280 for 4.2 retiring

Jump to solution

Hi

I've seen the banner about retiring those courses on OpenShift 4.2 but no dates were given. Can someone provide more information about this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flozano

Re: DO180 and DO280 for 4.2 retiring

Jump to solution

Hi,

DO180, DO280, and other OpenShift courses such as DO288 and the recently released DO380 are being updated to OpenShift 4.5. I cannot share yet a release date for each one but all of them are expected to be during Q3CY2020.

If you are considering thaking any OpenShift course that's current in 4.2 or 4.4 and wondering whether you should wait for the 4.5 updates, I would advise you to not wait. There are no big changes on learning objectives from any of these courses. The OpenShift 4.x release stream is evolving incrementally, adding things such as more installation targets, better handing of cluster updates, and also performance and stability improvements.

The fact that OpenShift releases such as 4.2 are either near or past their end of support phase does not mean that your knowledge about these releases becomes outdated. It does not. Managing an OpenShift 4.5 cluster is largely the same as managing an OpenShift 4.1 cluster.

New features between minor releses such as from 4.2 to 4.5 are mostly new, optional add-on components such as OpenShift Virtualization and OpenShift Pipelines. These features are expected to become the subject of new course offerings with release dates still TBD.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cschunke
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

No dates are known at this time. The teams involved are working through the best options, considering the impact to users in the courses with unsupported Red Hat technology. The latest versions will be coming soon, and with that will come more defined dates. We wanted to let users know as soon as possible at least that this is coming, so to try to prepare as best as possible. We commit to letting users know the exact dates as soon as they're approved. 

Jump to solution

Do we have Early access to the new Version of this DO180 and DO280 ?

Is that an version updated based on latest 4.4/ 4.5?

0 Kudos
BogdanB
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

@cschunke Would be great if it is possible to know the version on which the course is updating. I've just started learning for this exam and would help me alot if I would know at leaast the new version since it is not in early access.

0 Kudos
flozano

Jump to solution

Hi,

DO180, DO280, and other OpenShift courses such as DO288 and the recently released DO380 are being updated to OpenShift 4.5. I cannot share yet a release date for each one but all of them are expected to be during Q3CY2020.

If you are considering thaking any OpenShift course that's current in 4.2 or 4.4 and wondering whether you should wait for the 4.5 updates, I would advise you to not wait. There are no big changes on learning objectives from any of these courses. The OpenShift 4.x release stream is evolving incrementally, adding things such as more installation targets, better handing of cluster updates, and also performance and stability improvements.

The fact that OpenShift releases such as 4.2 are either near or past their end of support phase does not mean that your knowledge about these releases becomes outdated. It does not. Managing an OpenShift 4.5 cluster is largely the same as managing an OpenShift 4.1 cluster.

New features between minor releses such as from 4.2 to 4.5 are mostly new, optional add-on components such as OpenShift Virtualization and OpenShift Pipelines. These features are expected to become the subject of new course offerings with release dates still TBD.

View solution in original post

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.