Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: [DO425] Typos, errors and bugs

For the GE: Managing certificates and service transport

echo -e "GET / \HTTP/1.1\r\nhost:10.129.0.101\\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n" >&3

The right  version is with 2 at the end.

echo -e "GET / \HTTP/1.1\r\nhost:10.129.0.101\\r\nConnection: close\r\n\r\n" >&2

Also, none of the labs with 3scale from the chapter 6 work, they fail at deployment when they wait for 3scale. I'll try to reprovision the lab after lunch

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

@BogdanB can you give me more information about the failure? Can you access the pod logs?

what about "oc get events"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

@RaziqueSorry but I went to a training and reprovisioned the lab when I got back. If I encounter the same issues I'll get some logs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Chapter 6 GE1 credencials instead of credentials

Chapter 9 Lab section 1.1 - command is missing --discover at the end, correct command below

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p services.lab.example.com:3260 --discover

Chapter 10 Securing multiple applications

It it requested that  you start httpd pods with certain labels. However, for the labels that do not match the network policies there is no label specified but the grading script checks for a certain label.

One more thing. Starting the labs in Chapter 10 takes around 45 minutes, I dont think this is fair towards us. A 10 minutes start up would be acceptable but 45....

I've raised the ticket for this to support, hoping for a resolution.start_time.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

One configuration issue with the grading script.

Lab 10.1 The grading script checks  if the policy.json file is the same on all nodes. However, if you have the same rules but in different order you will get fail even tough the rules are the same. I discovered this while debugging other issues.

Perhaps it will be better if the grading script checks for the rules and not for configuration file match.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Thanks @BogdanB for the feedback. I don't believe that a refresh of this course is in the radar at the moment, but I will double-check with the architect.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.