EnginY
Cadet
Cadet

Failing an exam twice disables third entry with RedHat Learning Subscription

Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't know who cares, but i failed an exam twice. I have Redhat Learning Subscription that gives me 5 vouchers. But, when you fail an exam twice(this includes a free retake), you can't have the same exam with one of your available vouchers. Opened an issue to learning support, but the rules here say (https://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/red-hat-updates-certification-exam-retake-policy-broa...) RHLS - Standard and Premium subscribers are now provided with five first attempts for five "different" exams and the opportunity to retake all five. So according to rules, I have to pay 500$ for my third leaving my vouchers unused. Is that fair?

Would be great if RedHat takes this case into account as an enhancement request.

Thanks

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Hayk
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

@MarcelAtoZ I'll not agree that RH294 does not prepare fully for the exam. But, prepering with different sources has some benefits you can not get with any single course. For anyone failing this exam I'd suggest searching web for some other EX294 V9 courses, choose at least one and go through it to learn the same concepts from different angle, doing all gueded exercises and end of chapter labs of RH294 multiple times to make sure nothing is missed, also setting up own control/managed machines and testing different scenarios (like using modules vs roles) on it. Also, not to lose time on editing the yaml files, make sure you view and master vim tips from RH294 Expert Extras video. With all of this combined, I am sure you'll perform better on the next try and will pass the exam. Good luck everyone!

Chetan_Tiwary_

@Hayk  +1 (I agree with you).  You have summarised the things in a clear and concise manner. I understand that failing in an exam for which you have invested money and time is heart breaking - at the same time there are hundreds of learners who have referred the RH294 course and passed the exam with flying colors. Red Hat only recommends RH294 course and other learning materials on Red Hat training portal like Expert extras and other Red Hat documentation like Ansible docs or access.redhat.com docs available for anyone to refer for the certifications.

Having said that - ofcourse one is free to refer other materials on the internet if they want / can - but RH294 is one of the best courses offered by Red Hat which is still helping many learners to adopt ansible for their automation skill paths. 

I also agree that - any exams of Red Hat is not the duplication of guided exercises or labs which we perform in the training course/labs - it is infact the test of the concepts or application of it -  that one learns during the course. Refering to the objectives and learning the concepts involved through the course is the key to crack the certification. This community can also help learners in knowledge exchange, doubt clearance and helping each other tread the path to certification. 

Hayk
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

"but RH294 is one of the best courses offered by Red Hat..." Completely agree, @rgdacosta is amazing!

Jason_R_Preston
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I am sorry to hear the bad news. For another learning option, I can highly recommend the courses on O'Reilly by Sander van Vugt. Best of luck!

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.