DavidM
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Highlighting new releases in RHLS?

Any way these could be highlighted somehow.  I'm now in the habit of once a week just refreshing the catalog list.  I know Early Access gives you an idea of what's coming down the pipe in terms of ROLE courses, but the VC's just kind of pop up and not sure about new Expert Seminars.  Even looks like a new one in the past 48 hours? DO457VC.  Be kind of cool to see a blip when I log in about "hey look - something new".

2 Replies
Scott
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Re: Highlighting new releases in RHLS?

I'll see what I can do about this.  We actually release content pretty frequently, I mean RH415, DO280 v3.9, and JB421 v7 all moved from EA into production just last week.  My concern with having a banner with new additions is that, assuming that it would stay active for a week or two, it would essentially never come down.  And thus, would be ignored as it would just become a fixture on people's pages...

We've talked about having an attribute to set on the catalog of 'new' that one could use to filter, but the idea I've liked the best is redesigning the home page to have a most recent updates section towards the bottom that would just automatically update.  It would be down 'below the fold' so interested folks would have to scroll to it as I'd like to keep active or in-progress classes at the top of the page so that they're easy to find and resume.

-STM

--
Principle Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)
Tags (4)
DavidM
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: Highlighting new releases in RHLS?

I think below the fold would work great.  I know you've had like 5 or 6 ROLE courses (new or updated) and at least 2 VC courses that I know of come out in the past 2 months alone.  No clue how many ExSem courses.  From my point of view, in addition to trying out new courses, it would also be good when I'm trying to talk management into a second year of RHLS next year.  I.e., it's nice for "show and tell" -- "See, look at all these new courses that came out in the last X days" as an answer to the question, "Why should I pay for this again this year when I paid for it last year?"

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.