cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredK Cadet
Cadet

Online videos won't play in Fedora Firefox

I am getting an error "This video file cannot be played. (Error Code: 102630)" when trying to play video classroom videos.  I tried some different courses and same result.  This is latest version of Firefox on Fedora 30.  This happened within the last couple of weeks as they seemed to work before.  Any thoughts on how to fix?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Online videos won't play in Fedora Firefox

@JaredK Sorry about this issue - we have a wonderful customer portal and team at access.redhat.com that can help assist you! In the meantime this will also be communicated to our platform team. Can you confirm if this error occurs for all videos in the Red Hat Learning Subscription?  

0 Kudos
JaredK Cadet
Cadet

@Deanna Yes this issue occurred on all videos in the Red Hat Learning Subscription.  Are you suggesting I create a ticket/case at access.redhat.com for this issue?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JaredK You still need to make sure Flash is enabled on Fedora Firefox, so please check that. If you still are having problems, Chrome should work as-is.
0 Kudos
JaredK Cadet
Cadet

OK thanks, didn't know Flash was still needed, although it was working previously without Flash.  Hopefully that is removed as a requirement in the near future.

0 Kudos

You need to install the missing video codecs.
https://dottech.org/128666/install-media-codecs-audio-video-fedora-guide/

Then restart Firefox and you should be fine

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.