LucianMaly
Cadet
Cadet

Re: OpenShift Kiosk Exams

I've failed today as well. The only thing we can do is report specifics to the certification@redhat.com and see what they say.

LUCIAN MALY, RHCA
SENIOR CONSULTANT, CUSTOMER SOLUTIONS GROUP
Red Hat Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd | http://people.redhat.com/lmaly
Level 35, 100 Miller Street
North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
0 Kudos
Vale_Uberti
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I passed the exam but i can confirm that there is something weird about  grading.

BogdanB
Flight Engineer

I tried to take 425 today. After about 10-15 minutes from the begging of the exam I started getting disconected from the environment about every 1-2 minutes. After 1 hour trying to fix this the decision was made to reschedule.

I understand that this was the best course of action but it insanely frustrating and energy consuming. I left the facility like I had done the full 4h exam.

I also had the feeling that some requirements are not clear.

Does anyone have any estimate how long will it take before I can reschedule ? I was pretty confident that I will pass.

0 Kudos
Vale_Uberti
Flight Engineer

Hi @Bogdan, i had three rescedule due to exam issue. I had to wait 1 month for first and second reschedule and 1 week for the third. Good luck my friend

0 Kudos
BogdanB
Flight Engineer

1 Month it's insane. Did you  make a ticket for this or they've done it ? I'm thinking using another exam attempt,schedule it next week and ask support to give me one exam attempt to my RHLS

0 Kudos
Vale_Uberti
Flight Engineer

Yes i opened a ticket. You have to consider the facility disponibility for the Kiosk too

0 Kudos
BogdanB
Flight Engineer

That's whY i'm thinking about schedule it ASAP. Thks again for your response, I'll open the ticket.

BogdanB
Flight Engineer

Guess what ? Now I received the email that I've failed my exam with a score of 0. Isnt that funny ?

On a serious note now.

@cschunke I've drafted a procedure which you can use internally to handle such issues.

1. During exam the proctor together with support and the candidate decide there is an issue which doesnt allow the exam to continue

2. On the environment control interface the proctor/support mark the exam as failed due to  issues which were not under the control of the candidate (network issues in my case, provision issues etc)

2.1 A case is opened and the issue is investigated by the right team

2.2 In case the issue is a more serious one the same exam is postponed or cancelled if the issue will not be solved until the next candidate takes the same exam

3. An approval is requested from the correct department to provide the candidate with another exam attempt

4. This request is approved is approved and the candidate gets another attempt.

Most of this stuff probably can be automated, after all RH has some good engineers.

0 Kudos
Vale_Uberti
Flight Engineer

I had received same email...

0 Kudos
BogdanB
Flight Engineer

I've received the code last night, good thing is that didnt take 1 month. Bad thing, code doesnt work.

@Vale_Uberti  do you know if there is a wait period before you can you the promo code (perhaps it need time to sync between several RH systems)?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.