RH403-Red Hat Satellite 6

HI

I am trying to configure Red Hat subscriptions after installing manifest file in satellite server -- I click Content - click red hat repositories - expend the red hat enterprise linux server and when I expend Red Hat satellite toold 6.2 for RHEL server RPM - it does nit show me to icon to check but says - there was an error attempting to retrive the repository list - getaddr info name of service not knowing

Please help as I am not been able to complete my lab exercise 

Prakash Mathur

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Re: RH403-Red Hat Satellite 6

A "getaddr info name of service not known" error suggests that there's some sort of hostname issue where Satellite can't resolve the hostname of the machine that is providing the repository list.  You could have a network issue, you could have a problem in /etc/hosts on the Satellite (if there's an entry for that host there), there could be something else weird going on.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: RH403-Red Hat Satellite 6

@Prakash_Mathur we have a dedicated support team that will help you diagnose and resolve the issue you are experiencing, please continue to access.redhat.com to submit a ticket. 

Once you have the lab exercise up and running please use the Red Hat Learning Community to seek guidance, ask questions or provide input on the lab exercise itself, and as you progress through RH403 (or any other course for that matter).

Thanks,

Deanna

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.