Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHCA Telco

Jump to solution

I am already RHCA in infrastructure.

If I gain RHCA Telco, does that mean an additional RHCA Cert, plaque?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: RHCA Telco

Jump to solution

Hey, @Traxtopel,

What exactly is the question?

The certification programme underwent some changes in order to simplify it and make it more useful for everyone. Tracks and concentrations which were known to sometimes produce the exact confusion that resulted in your original question have been replaced with just two distinctions - that between infrastructure and middleware.

Fundamentally though, nothing really changed. There is a base certification (either RHCE or RHCJD) that CoEs count against, and 5 CoEs of any kind constitute RHCA. It is still "just" RHCA and once you earn it, each additional certification that counts against your base certificate will bump a level up.

We just stopped adding names to it.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

Will accept your answer. Nothing new. Seems now a pointless discussion.

Please close.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

I think your current RHCA would remain and with every exam you pass it adds 1 level to your RHCA. If you are looking to change the stream or need an RHCA in a different stream then it is best to reach out to the exam team and get their advice. You may submit the form below to reach out to the exam support team 

https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/comments/

Thanks,

Jayadev

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

I understood that RHCA had changed to Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications.

In the past you had other streams. Not understanding why Red Hat seem to be backtracking.

i.e.

https://servicesblog.redhat.com/2018/08/20/red-hat-certified-architect-program-changes/

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey, @Traxtopel,

What exactly is the question?

The certification programme underwent some changes in order to simplify it and make it more useful for everyone. Tracks and concentrations which were known to sometimes produce the exact confusion that resulted in your original question have been replaced with just two distinctions - that between infrastructure and middleware.

Fundamentally though, nothing really changed. There is a base certification (either RHCE or RHCJD) that CoEs count against, and 5 CoEs of any kind constitute RHCA. It is still "just" RHCA and once you earn it, each additional certification that counts against your base certificate will bump a level up.

We just stopped adding names to it.

Cheers,
Grega

Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

"We just stopped adding names to it." - well that was my understanding, however thats not true.

You have started this again with "Red Hat Certified Architect Program in Telco Cloud".

The question.

Why a "Red Hat Certified Architect Program in Telco Cloud", why single this out?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey, @Traxtopel,

Reading skills not optional:

"The Telco Cloud Program consists of a certification path specifically recommended for professionals in the telecom industry that will lead to RHCA in Infrastructure."

So what this is, is a program, that will lead you to RHCA in Infrastructure using a certification path that is most suitable for people working in the telco industry. If you already are a RHCA in Infrastructure, this will level you up with some additional certs.

I'll leave it to our cert team to decide if they want to clarify the business decision behind it, but technically this is nothing new.

Cheers,
Grega

Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

Will accept your answer. Nothing new. Seems now a pointless discussion.

Please close.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Jump to solution

From press release it looks like "recommended certification path", with focus on openstack.

RHCS in Configuration Management doesn't look like a good fit though.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.