cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Flight Engineer NickH Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

RHLS web ui

What's your experience of the RHLS web UI?

Seems a little odd to me, but I'm not raising a support ticket yet. I may be missing the inner beauty of this RHLS web UI. 

I'm 100 days into my RHLS subscription. This is what I'm finding.

• The material is excellent. It's not perfect, but it's definitely high quality.
  • The framework provided by the web UI is not so excellent. 

For instance, I want to login and go straight to my current interest, DO280 Openshift admin. I want the R written version, not the VC version. No idea what R stands for, but I reckon VC is Video Classroom.

I log in (https://training-lms.redhat.com/lmt/lmtLogin.prEnc?site=rhls) then I see a section called 'My courses', with a few picks. I've got no shortcut to DO280. I do have two copies of DO180VC. I last looked at this course a while ago - why is this the first thing I see? And why are there two?

'My Learning Pathways' sounds like a handy shortcut. But it's a long list of all the learning pathways I can enroll for, not the one I am most interested in. How do I restrict this list?

If I stick DO280R in the search box,  I get six identical-looking matches. Each result has a button way over to the right - one of them says 'Enrolled', the others say 'Launch'. Why six indentical results? 

6 Replies

Re: RHLS web ui

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, @NickH . I'm glad the course content is meeting your needs. As for the UI, the team has heard similar feedback from users, and we plan to roll out an updated RHLS product in the near future. Here are some ways the updates will address your concerns:

• There will be a "My progress" section, available right from your Home page. This will aggregate all of the courses you're working on, with the most recently accessed courses on top. You will be able to quickly access DO280 if it was the last course you were working on. 
  • There will be a Learning Paths catalog so that you can search and filter all of our Learning Paths, allowing you to quickly and easily target the path that meets your training needs. In addition, you can enroll in each path, making them quickly accessible to you on your home page. 
  • The search will also be updated, so when you search for DO280, you'll have quick access to both modalities of the course. The results will clearly show you what you searched by differenciating courses from learning paths, from individual course content. 
0 Kudos
Flight Engineer littlebigfab Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @NickH,

You frustration is shared by many.

@cschunke, I posted several comments in that thread, as a reply to your welcome message. In a nutshell:

1.  Learning paths are extremely confusing. Being familiar with Red Hat trainings, I know exactly which one I need and I prefer to list all of them in a lightweight website like rol.redhat.com
  2. Registering for a training does not make any sense in a unlimited training offer and is just confusing. Progress tracking is not a key feature to me. If you feel like it's a cool feature anyway, fine, but it should be transparent, automatically triggered in the background when I start a new course, not bringing any complexity into the User Interface.
  3. Being able to register for trainings such as "Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard (LS220)" and "RHLS Early Access", again, is deeply confusing too (to say the least)
  4. When looking for an exam, finding many exact same version of it in the search results is confusing. Not being able to actually register to any of them is extremely frustrating, especially when you'd have no problem to do it on redhat.com as a non-RHLS customer.
  5. If you eventually manage to register for an exam, nothing immediately happens, which may lead you to register again for that same exam out of frustration, consuming a second exam-credit, then requiring some interaction with the support to get your credit back.
  6. The need to schedule individual exams on a different website is confusing.
  7. Not all Exam Centers locations appear on the map in the Individual Exam Scheduler. You have to know their name or exact city.
  8. Un-registering an exam is impossible. I asked the support to do it for two exams I erroneously registered for. They told me they did it, but both of them still appear in my Individual Exam Scheduler and they say I should just ignore them.
  9. Knowing how many exams and re-takes are left on my subscription is impossible. Even the support is unable to tell. I can't do the math myself because I have asked the support to un-register some exams and I'm not sure they've done it properly. My exam enrollment report gives me no clue and even brings more confusion, reporting the same number on all exam lines, and not dissociating first takes and re-takes. This is my number #1 frustration. I paid for 5 exams and 2 re-takes, I'd like to keep track of it in a glance.

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer NickH Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

"Not all Exam Centers locations appear on the map" - Really? Do you mean the kiosk-style exams?

For me, in the UK, I see one in Manchester and one in London. Both are hours away from me. 

Do you mean there are more than two? 

0 Kudos
Flight Engineer littlebigfab Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @NickH,

I'd say that Manchester and London are the only options in the UK. Indeed @Lisenet mentioned only those two in that thread and explained that they don't show up on her map either.

Same issue on my side, look at the attached screenshot. I must look up either the exact city (not even the closest big city) or the training center's exact name to find them Smiley Sad

Only Munich, Francfort, Milan and Roma individual exam centers immediately appear on my map, whereas I've been taking all my exams in Paris or Lyon.

Capture d’écran 2019-09-20 à 21.43.08.png

0 Kudos
Starfighter Lisenet Starfighter
Starfighter

The only ones in the UK are in London and Manchester, and there is one in Ireland.

0 Kudos
Starfighter Lisenet Starfighter
Starfighter

R stands for ROLE, but it makes very little sense to most people unless you are aware of the acronym - Redhat Online REarning.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.