Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Request for Comments: User Homepage

Hello all,

We're working on a concept for a new User Homepage for the Subscription products.  For RHLS-Basic, there's really not a homepage, but rather, users are dropped at the catalog, so this page would be the first thing one would see upon logging in.  We already have something similar in RHLS-Standard, but I'm looking to make improvements.

What things are most important to you to see on the first page after logging in?

Are there any widgets or specific data that you'd like presented on this page "at a glance", what would those be?

So far, I'm thinking about a band of content that are classes you've recently accessed (so they could be quickly resumed), some sort of featured/new content band (so you can see what we've been working on), and possibly something like a queue or playlist for content that you've marked as saved for later (so you don't have to find it again if you've found it once already).

Comments/ideas appreciated.

-STM

--
Principle Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Re: Request for Comments: User Homepage

How about adding a reminder or countdown to any exams you're enrolled in?

Or a timer showing how much lab time you have remaining.

Ranjit.

Ranjit.
[RHCA - 110-468-899]
Highlighted
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Having most current courses at the top would be awesome.  I know for me a lot of times, I have little small bits of time.  15 minutes at work while waiting to be able to do something.  30 minutes time while the horses are getting grained.  Stuff like that where where every extra minute of not navigating to where I want to go is more time studying. 

Other than that, an easy place to see total lab time used/remaining would be cool.  Also maybe a red/green button saying whether you have a lab still up and going that you could shut off and save some of your lab time.

As was mentioned before, a  "new items" below the fold would be cool too.

One thing I'd like to see removed is having to scroll through all the learning paths before getting down to where you launch your course.  I really think learning paths should be a separate (lower on the page) section.  

Other than that, keep up with the good content.  It's really good stuff. 

Highlighted

Trending courses - a list of the top 5 courses for the previous month.

Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

This. At the moment it seems to show random courses that I've started but didn't use. Having a list trending courses would be awesome. A simple list of top X courses that I spent the most time on.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.