Highlighted

Re: which 10 PDF books can we downloaded

Hi, @Tarek_Ocean,

Thanks for the snapshot. After checking, it seems some courses have that option even in ROLE, and others do not.

At any rate, any download (of a new course or a new version of it) counts against your limit, be it ROLE or VC.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
Tags (3)
Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@oldbenkohow can I see the amount of PDFs that have already been downloaded?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You can find it under

rol.redhat.com->Reports->Lab Activity

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

PDF books are meant to suppliment your learning. Although any 10 PDF can be downloaded, they can be best used for offline learning. So a general suggestion is to download the PDF of courses that you have studied in online or in VC  so you can quickly refer to the  important sections of the course offline.

Thanks,

Jayadev

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Classes in both VC and Online Training modalities offer PDF downloads, however you are limited to 10 course PDF downloads per year.  I use the word course to describe a specific, selectable, class.  For example. Red Hat Systems Administration I (RH124) is a course, as is JBoss Application Server Administration (JB248), essentially, those entities you can click on in the course catalog that will result in you accessing a class' content.

However, the version of the course is not important.  If you download OpenStack Admin II's book for OpenStack 10.1, you can return to the course and download v13 without having your PDF downloads incremented.  Likewise, different languages do not count against you PDF download limit.  If you then return to OpenStack Admin II and download the Spanish version of v13, that Spanish PDF will not count against your 10 PDF download limit.  In the actions described in the preceeding statements, only one PDF was charged against th 10 PDF download limit.  The initial one that was generated for the OpenStack Administration II (CL210) course request.  The other varients, different versions, different languages, are seen, essentially, as re-downloads of that initial CL210 request.

Currently, there is not a meter to show users how many PDFs have been charged against that 10 download limit, however, that is in the backlog for the product development team.

-STM

--
Principle Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)
Highlighted

Thanks, @Scott, for clarifying this, especially the version bit. I wasn't quite sure but I seemed to have remembered, wrongly, that every new version counts as a new download.

Cheers,
Grega

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

Hi @Scott ,

I have doubt on 10 PDF download limit, if i have downloaded any couse module on my first RHLS subscription period and again i download same couse pdf of different version of same module on my second RHLS subscription, Did that PDF file with latest version will be count in 10 limit on my second subscription period or it will be exculed from the limit because i have download the module on my first subscription ? 

Also, Please share the link from where we can check latest updates on RHLS. Previously i am getting updates from (https://learn.redhat.com/t5/Red-Hat-Learning-Subscription/Online-Training-Platform-Updates/m-p/357/t...) link, but it's not updated one.

Thanks,

Ankit Doneria

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

@AnkitDoneria,

I don't have an answer on how PDFs work cross subscription boundary.  I know how I would have liked it to work, however, as noted on the other [CEPH] thread you mentioned me on, I'm no longer the product manager for this product.

Same answer for the 'whats new' update.  Whomever is my replacement in Red Hat Training + Certification will have to decide how they are going to interact with you all on product updates and the like.  The thread you linked was up to date prior to my leaving in January, however, the engineering team had been putting in work on other, non RHLS, products, which is why the updates in there are from further in the past.

Regards,

STM

--
Principle Technical Marketing Manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer (100-000-264)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

If you renew your subscription, you have 10 PDF downloads for each 1 year subscription, so you would be able to download 10 additional PDF’s with your 2nd year subscription.

As far as the release notes, we are working on a plan to get the latest release notes updated.You can expect to see a new update soon!

Thanks,
Jayadev

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flight Engineer

@JayadevThanks for replying on that. I am aware of the policy for current subscription but i am looking for cross subscription policies.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.