Highlighted
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Who's on the way to RHCA?

Jump to solution

If you've passed a couple exams and are thinking about tackling the big one, going for RHCA - 

How's it going?

COVID-19 really set me back. Same for you?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Who's on the way to RHCA?

Jump to solution

Hi,

For me getting the RHCA is more the consequence of passing other certifications, since it's required to get RHCE + 5 certification exams to get the RHCA.

I have earned RHCE + 3 certifications. I completed two other courses (RH403 about Red Hat Satellite) and RH415 (Red Hat Security course). Due to work commitments and planning adaptation during COVID, I was unable to get myself ready for attending any new exams. To be accurate, I started RH403 when Remote Exams did not even exists yet, as a result, I have lost practice and I had to moved on. Like for many others, testing centers where closed and I was not able to attend any exam at the time. 

I find it hard to resume my training on that topic, I started doing video exercice again, to find out I'm lacking of practice and need more training time again.

It's certainly hard, especially when there are work commitment which require learning/using other advanced topics on the side.

Also, there are some complex topic on the RH415 course, such as advanced SELinux, which needs special attention (and time). It's technically difficult.

I find getting ready for these additional certification exams is a difficult process. I don't have the luxury to put some time aside out of working hours, due to family commitment.

Well nobody said it has to be easy, isn't it? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @NickH I am not going for my RHCA right now, but I know several folks in the community are. Good luck as your prepare for your exam(s)!

What certification exams and courses are you planning on taking to earn your RHCA? I find that setting realistic, daily and weekly goals is the way to go.

Who else in the community has previously earned their RHCA status and who else is preparing for it? I would love to create a supportive group around this.

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

For me getting the RHCA is more the consequence of passing other certifications, since it's required to get RHCE + 5 certification exams to get the RHCA.

I have earned RHCE + 3 certifications. I completed two other courses (RH403 about Red Hat Satellite) and RH415 (Red Hat Security course). Due to work commitments and planning adaptation during COVID, I was unable to get myself ready for attending any new exams. To be accurate, I started RH403 when Remote Exams did not even exists yet, as a result, I have lost practice and I had to moved on. Like for many others, testing centers where closed and I was not able to attend any exam at the time. 

I find it hard to resume my training on that topic, I started doing video exercice again, to find out I'm lacking of practice and need more training time again.

It's certainly hard, especially when there are work commitment which require learning/using other advanced topics on the side.

Also, there are some complex topic on the RH415 course, such as advanced SELinux, which needs special attention (and time). It's technically difficult.

I find getting ready for these additional certification exams is a difficult process. I don't have the luxury to put some time aside out of working hours, due to family commitment.

Well nobody said it has to be easy, isn't it? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cadet
Cadet

Jump to solution

For me it depends how many exams Red Hat plans to make available online. Driving two hours to the nearest test center to take a four hour exam is just not something I want to do anymore after how nice the online testing experience has been.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.