cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmokkink
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

ceph lab environment

I opened a case regarding the performance of the labs. First feedback, it was my firewall or vpn.
I explained it was the lab, because we you have a console to compute resources in the lab, and there it is slow.

Installing the ceph cluster takes hours. I deleted and reprovisioned the lab again, but still it is slow.
When the cluster is up, everything is healthy, but creating a pool takes minutes.

More people experiencing these issues.

Labels (1)
24 Replies
Razique
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I asked some colleagues to assist on this one, since they worked on the course and they know the product well.

littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Thank you very much @Razique, much appreciated.

Please keep us posted.

Best.

0 Kudos
rmokkink
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

I got a response from support, the problem was resolved so i checked.
The installation lastest now 63 minutes. So there is progression, but nowhere nere the performance you should expect from the environment.

0 Kudos
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi,

@rmokkink, I have just realized that I had received similar instructions from the support too: last Thursday, less than 3 hours after my last reprovisioning (and subsequent comment in the case, indicating that it didn't help at all), they told me that the issue had been resolved and they instructed me to re-provision again.

But after having read your feedback, I don't feel like I want to reprovision once again and re-do all the tedious group_vars and inventory edits again, probably for nothing at all in the end :( By the way, have you found a way to quickly perform those edits again ?

@Razique, Hi ! Any news from your colleagues by any chance ?

0 Kudos
Razique
Flight Engineer

Hey @littlebigfab yes, the team is aware that there's a bigger issue at hand. We will be discussing briefly on how to tackle this issue and hopefully provide a solution for that.

littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Thanks @Razique,

Please keep us posted. I'm taking ex125 in 3 weeks :smileyfrustrated:

0 Kudos
rmokkink
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Got response from support. They reprovisioned the lab somewhere else. I reinstalled the ceph cluster in 12 minuten.
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hey @rmokkink,

Sounds great !! Thanks for the feedback ! I'm going to ask to the support to reprovision my lab to the same datacenter :)

I'll keep you posted.

Best!

0 Kudos
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

I have just reprovisioned my lab. That has fixed the issue for me too.

Cluster with osds and client installed in less than 9 minutes ! (SSH pipelining activated)

Such a relief !!

Thanks everyone for the great support ! @rmokkink @Razique 

0 Kudos
Razique
Flight Engineer

Glad support were able to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.