Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies

Hello everyone, Im Adam. I am attending college for a degree in computer programming and development. I hope to learn alot from this site with you all.

GeneGene
Cadet
Cadet

Hello everybody, my name is Eugene, and I am currently a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I am currently working toward to becoming a programmer. This is my first time working with Red Hat and I hoping to understand it. Other things about me are that I serve in the military and basketball is my favorite sport to play and watch.

Hello, I am Alysia Zeigler and I am majoring in Information Technology/Systems Security. This is my first time with the Red Hat Learning Community and I am excited to see what it has to offer. 

Roberto3
Cadet
Cadet

Hello! My name is Roberto, and I am a student fat Fayetteville Technical Community College, and this is my first time learning about Red Hat. This is my first year out of High School, and I look foward to all the the new things I will learn!

Good evening everyone, 

My name is Chad and I am attending classes at FTCC in Fayetteville, NC. I am working towards my degree in PC Support and Services. I am looking forward to learning more about this flavor of Linux and learning from you all.

Thanks,

CD

Greetings!
My name is Victoria Parker and I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I am currently a part of Computer Programming and Development program and this is my final year before graduation. I have never had any experience with Red Hat before but I am excited to learn more about Linux as well as improve my current skills!

Hello, My names Aaron I am 19 , I have been on windows my whole life even before I wanted to go to a college or start pursuing a Career in Computer systems and security. I had no idea I would have to learn Linux I dont even own a single device that has a Linux os on it, should I get one? for experience purposes ofcourse.    

t_baldauf
Cadet
Cadet

you can always run a Virtual Machine e.g.: with Oracle VirtualBox and start your experience with using Linux there. The cool thing about Linux is, that you can have a deep look inside the operating system and therefor you will even understand Windows better - how the components, drivers, etc. work together. So don’t worry buying a new PC - your existing machine will work just as fine.
Greetings
Thomas
0 Kudos
Ayuk
Cadet
Cadet

Re : Introduction

Greetings to everyone. My name is Ayuk. I am a student in fayetteville Technical Community College. This is my experience with Red Hat and I really interested in acquiring and gaining the skills i need in linux.

gmkhach
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, my name is Gabriel. I'm a student at FTCC. Currently I'm taking a Linux/UNIX introductory course where we use Red Hat VMs to do our labs and homeworks. I have already fallen in love with linux distros and have installed a couple of them on my old laptops to play around and learn more about linux.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.