Re: Introduce yourself to the Community

Greetings!
My name is Victoria Parker and I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I am currently a part of Computer Programming and Development program and this is my final year before graduation. I have never had any experience with Red Hat before but I am excited to learn more about Linux as well as improve my current skills!

AddALilSALT
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, My names Aaron I am 19 , I have been on windows my whole life even before I wanted to go to a college or start pursuing a Career in Computer systems and security. I had no idea I would have to learn Linux I dont even own a single device that has a Linux os on it, should I get one? for experience purposes ofcourse.    

t_baldauf
Cadet
Cadet

you can always run a Virtual Machine e.g.: with Oracle VirtualBox and start your experience with using Linux there. The cool thing about Linux is, that you can have a deep look inside the operating system and therefor you will even understand Windows better - how the components, drivers, etc. work together. So don’t worry buying a new PC - your existing machine will work just as fine.
Greetings
Thomas
0 Kudos
Ayuk
Cadet
Cadet

Re : Introduction

Greetings to everyone. My name is Ayuk. I am a student in fayetteville Technical Community College. This is my experience with Red Hat and I really interested in acquiring and gaining the skills i need in linux.

gmkhach
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, my name is Gabriel. I'm a student at FTCC. Currently I'm taking a Linux/UNIX introductory course where we use Red Hat VMs to do our labs and homeworks. I have already fallen in love with linux distros and have installed a couple of them on my old laptops to play around and learn more about linux.

friendm3473
Cadet
Cadet

Hello. My name is Mateo Friend.  I am currently in Fayetteville, NC taking classes at  (FTCC).  Utilizing Red Hat new to me but excited about learning how to use it. I love wsoccer, video games, anime, and my wife.

Hello Everyone, My name is Dominique Robinson and im excited to be joining the Red Hat Learning Community. All of this is very new to me, however I am trying to learn as much as possible. In my spare time I work as a Apple Support Technical Advisor and do alot of online gaming. I dont have any crazy set ups, however its not average. I have not taken any Red Hat courses, and im hoping this leads me down a very wide open path. Be blessed everyone.

NickPacella
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, My name is Nick. I'm a college student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. The class that I am taking isn't my first class that required me to use Linux but it's the first to go in depth with the "how"s and the "why"s. I'm hoping to become more proficient with Linux so that I can become more marketable to employers and gain more job security. I like out door things like hiking and running, it helps me balance all the time I spend sitting at my desk indoors.

floresd7412
Cadet
Cadet

Hi everyone, my name is David Flores and I am currently a student at Fayetteville Tech, all this information seems very exciting and cant wait to get my hand dirty learning all the great tools this site has to offer. 

goodwink
Cadet
Cadet

Hello there! 

I'm a student from FTCC learning about Linux for a class. I am very interested in the operating system and hope to learn more about it as time goes on.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.