Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies

Hi everyone! I am Kendall Barnett, and I'm a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College studying Networking and Cloud Management I served in the Army for 8 years, and I worked for Circle K for 6 years as Help Desk Tech and IT Analyst. I haven't had a job where I've been able to use Linux everyday yet, but I hope to change that pretty soon. I have a little bit of experience with Linux through some self-learn course I took some years ago, but nothing I would necessarily brag about. I'm also an Android user, so I guess that counts as using Linux as well. I also have a CompTIA Security+ cert that I haven't had a chance to use yet. I'm looking to get at least one Linux cert as well. 

0 Kudos
ESanchez
Cadet
Cadet

Hello world,

My name is Edric Sanchez, i have been an amatuer linux user and enthusiest since i first had access to internet.  Im here as a student trying to give myself a solid base and understanding to take my skills to a higher level. I run dual boot os with windows and linux along with a bunch of vms for fun.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My name is Logan Biggar. I am a 28 year old Air Force veteran and computer enthusiast. I absolutely love to travel so more often than not I will be using a laptop to perform school duties. Red Hat is new to me but I am more than looking forward to diving into the community with an open mind. I look forward to seeing what forces drive the linux sector of business.

Best Wishes, 

Logan Biggar

leec2012
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, I am Chris Lee. I'm here to learn Linux.

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leec2012 welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! Where are you planning to learn Linux? 

--
Deanna
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! I'm excited to join the Red Hat community and to broaden my knowledge and skills. I'm a retired military veteran living in Raeford, NC and attending Fayetteville Technical Community College. I'm currently working on a degree in computer programming and development. I'm looking forward to learning more about Linux since my knowledge in that area is very limited at the moment. I will be sure to reach out with questions and welcome any advice that can be offered.

I'm a huge fan of sports, especially football, with basketball the runner-up. I enjoy watching and playing both sports. I am excited to meet many new people through this community and to see where it takes me!

Hello everyone.  My name is Robert and I currently working full time in a non-IT related field.  Cybersecurity is something that has interested me ever since I saw the movie Sneakers back in the early 90's, which I realize is dating myself.  However, I never pursued this field until now. I have enrolled in FTCC and have challenged myself to see if I am able to make the necessary strides to break into this field and see how far I can go with it.  I'm looking forward to the journey!

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coppeler1697 That is extremely exciting - welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! It seems you have the "never stop learning" mindset like many members of this community. Please let us know if we can help you out in any way as you navigate this new journey.

--
Deanna
dele
Cadet
Cadet

I am a database administrator for Oracle and SQL Server, Linux Admin has added to my role since I had a new manager, couple years ago.  I have some Linux experiences enough for maintaining Oracle Database Cluster on Redhat 6.

Play no sport but pay a lot for sport -- my little girl has been skating 7 years, her level is Novices.  My happy days were when landed a few tripple jumps.

Hi, my name is Pablo Trujillo, I am working with a systems company to build devops applications, I am kind of dummy on OPenStack, I have experience in other Linux distributions but I;m just at the begining on RedHat

My main task is with OpenStack

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.