Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 107K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies
asq
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi everyone,

I'm Konrad, geeky RHCI giving DevOpsy classes. I'm based in Warsaw, Poland. Openshift is what I love the most from current curriculum. Apart from that I do travel blogging, fiddle with soldering iron on some IoT and home automation bits and I'm licensed UAVO.

You might have seen me at a Summit if you attended to Ansible on Windows workshop.

Zee
Flight Engineer

Who I am:

Computer Engineer

Where I'm based:

Tunis, Tunisia

My Laptop:

ThinkPad T440p (20AN008CFE)

The discipline I enjoy the most is:

Infra, DevOps

My favorite courses to teach:

Ansible Automation, Openshift Administration

Highest Red Hat Certification:

Red Hat Certified Architect -  Level V

Sports I played:

Swimming team of Club Africain, Tunis, 8 years

Volley-Ball, Club Africain, 4 years

Amateur Soccer, lifetime !

Currently: Practicing and building skills in Krav-Maga

0 Kudos
kaiser
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Name: A S M Kawsar Harun
| RHCA | RHCI |

Security, Tshoot and Automation:

0 Kudos
Susan
Flight Engineer

In the spirit of "Open Source sharing" and "bulding on a good thing", I am copying the format as well.

Who I am:

Susan Lauber, Red Hat instructor since 1999. One of the first RHCE and one of the first RHCA earners and instructors. I also do some work with Apache Hadoop adminsitration (and installations) and hold a CISSP certification. I am a trainer, consultant, advisor, author, course designer, and all around Open Source advocate.

Where I'm based:

North Carolina

My workstation:

Lenovo with Fedora (of course). My work and home have been "all Linux" since 2000, including through a MA program with thesis. I do entertain myself with some IPad games too from time to time.

Anything Security related which means almost anything since security should be considered everywhere. I am strongest on deployment and integration topics including automation.

My favorite course to teach:

Anything "Security" from the long ago retired RH333 course to the recently released course about Red Hat Identity Management. Also Ansible.

My favorite toy as a kid:

My dog, but really, when am I  ever NOT a kid? 

In My Spare Time, I . . .

Swim and spend time at the barn. My avatar is "my boy". He's a lot older (and retired) now though!

oldbenko

Who am I?

The name is Grega Bremec, and according to some sources, I'm the worst sysadmin in the world although I only managed to irretrievably blow up the production database once in 15 years.

In reality, I'm a senior training consultant for Red Hat Middleware and DevOps courses, with bits of Cloud and Infrastructure, too. I am also an examiner and occasionally, content developer.

I currently hold Red Hat Certified Architect level VII and Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer level VII certifications.

My background?

I tried developing bug-free applications for a couple of years in the late 1990s, but I was told deadlines are not just some random dates and things are expected to be finished by then, so as a sign of disapproval, I stopped working in the bug production area and switched to the business of trying to keep applications running in spite of all the bugs, where I spent the next 15 years designing, deploying, automating, and managing various open-source (but also, not-so-open-source) solutions. I was quite happy. The DBA, needless to say, was not so very happy.

I started teaching in parallel to my day-job in early 2006, and eventually settled for a full-time teaching role where, due to my extensive background, I nowadays mostly teach custom courses based on Red Hat Learning materials.

My skills?

I can quite easily observe you devour whatsoever dessert you care to name and not for a second wish I had any of it (unless you consider cheese to be dessert - in that case I'm not talking to you anyway).

In addition to this very important life skill, I can read code and understand how it works, and see how to make it fit into the big picture and do its job. And then sort of explain that to others, which makes me a slightly better instructor than sysadmin. The added benefit is there are usually no production databases in classrooms.

My favourite courses?

My all-time favourite would have to be the Java EE development (both the old JB225 and the new JB183/JB283 combination). I particularly love the Eclipse Microprofile topics in relation to OpenShift (which makes JB283/DO292 another two favourites of mine).

What else?

In the little spare time that I have, I am your typical la-nuit-de-la-glisse - kitesurfing, snowkiting, wakeboarding, and snowboarding are about the only sports I really look forward to engaging in, unless grilling meat can also be classified as a sport - there is some sweating involved, so there.

A black cat crossing the street signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
[don't forget to kudo a helpful post or mark it as a solution!]
Rik_NL
Flight Engineer

Who I am:

Rik Megens, contractor, consulant, trainer, examiner, project manager. As an sys-admin, in this game since 1988. Worked with all major OS-es on the Intel platform and some mini systems as well. Started with Linux when the first floppies could be downloaded from the bulletin-board. Red Hat came into focus arround 2010. Needed it for a new customer. It proved to have the best course and certification, so that was where i wanted to go for my training.

Currently working as a contractor project/program manager for a high-tech company in the Netherlands on security related projects. Delivering courses from time to time. 

Where I'm base

For an extended period i was the only dutch speaking full-time instructor in the Netherlands. Based in Boxmeer, near the German border. 

My workstation:

Macbook Pro, Asus laptop with RHEL 7(delivering courses), unmarked laptop with KALI (security stuff), MSI with Windows 10 (gaming) I use the principle of 'Redundant Array of Inexpensive Laptops'.

Gather, absorb and share knowledge on a wide area of topics. Help people grow, get better, have more fun. When the employees grow, the company grows.

Ansible, Satellite and Gluster.

My trumpet, i played until my late twenties. 

like to be on or in the water, like to sail my boat. But also enjoy learning all i can about celestial navigation. Out of the water i'm a full time student, if it is on upskilling, or learning something entirely. This new school year i will start a one year law program to see how it can help me as a contractor, but also to see how it can be connected to IT security. The field of digital legislation yields very interesting topics to discuss and explore.

flozano

I am Fernando Lozano, I was a Red Hat instructor a long time ago and three years ago I joined the curriculum team. During this time worked on at least half of our courses related to OpenShift and also a few middleware courses.

I am based on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I am passioned about writing, teaching, and open source software. I like to know how things works. I can't stand working with 'black boxes'.

On the personal side, I love balroom dance (never joined Will on the floor) and that's how I got married. I am also a Star Trek nerd and I run to keep my health.

PrzemKu
Flight Engineer

Re: Introductions

Who am I?
Przemyslaw Kuznicki - RHCA Level V, Red Hat instructor, consulant, trainer, examiner. I like to teach and help people. With unix like systems, since 1992r.

Where I'm based:
Cracow, Poland.

My workstation:
Lenovo T470p with Fedora. I looking for laptop with 2 CPU sockets :-) to rampage with OpenStack and OpenShift.

Cloud technologi.

JBoss and OpenShift.

Atari 130XE and Amiga 500

Favourite Sports:
Snowboarding, volleyball, snooker.

play StarCraft ;-), walk in the mountains and ride a bike or rollers.
I am also a Star Wars nerd but I hate the new trilogy (by Disney).

philip_sweany
Flight Engineer

I currently design our OpenStack cloud trainings here at Red Hat.  Previously, I was a an Instructor (RHCI) for a decade, and taught UNIX/Solaris for 20 years before that.

Phoenix is my home area, where I hike, bike and ride a Harley around town.  

My favorite classes to teach have been those where the students have been most challenged and eager to learn, such as RHEL Performance Tuning, HA Cluster, OpenStack, Satellite Server, and now micro-services and OpenShift.

Another favorite activity is travelling, both for teaching and for sightseeing and leanring on my own.  I have lived, worked, vacationed, or just hung out in over 25 countries.

I enjoy discussing solutions and ideas with our customers and users; looing forward to engaging with the community here.

Oliver
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, my name is Oliver and I am a Desktop Sysadmin in Red Hat internal IT. I am the owner of the RHEL CSB (Corporate Standard Build) inside Red Hat. I am currently looking into refreshing my RHCE, and will hopefully add more certificates to my portfolio.

In my free time, I like long walks at the beach, reading a good book or having long philosophical conversations about The Ultimate Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything... just kidding... I actually enjoy movies (Action and SyFi mainly) and (do not judge me :D ) Pinterest.

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.