Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Petr and it is almost 1 year since I joined RH. Before that I spend last 13 years in IBM, most of the time on project management position, therefore I have a lot of experience. For the last 5 or 6 years I was leading accreditation stream, helping people to achieve certain level of internal IBM accreditation in project management. I have also experience with coaching in this area. I am here to support anyone if needed. Thank you :-)

0 Kudos
WTJ_TYK
Cadet
Cadet

Hello,

My name's Sam. I worked as wintel & vmware sysadmin on manufacture industries.

I'm from Indonesia. I want to develop my sysadmin skills on Linux.

Glad to know you all :)

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
CBH
Cadet
Cadet

Who I am:

DevOps, culture and community focused. Economist. Facinated by behavioural and social sciences. Husband. Father. Endurance fiend. Outdoor enthusiast. Welsh.

Where I'm based:

Near Liverpool and Manchester in the UK

My workstation:

Some i7 MacBook Pro thing that I'm currently wrestling with having been a life long windows user. 

The discipline I enjoy the most is:

DevOps/ DevSecOps/ any other addition you want to put in there!

My favorite course to teach:

Not taught it yet, but it'll be DO500 DevOps culture and practices.

My favorite toy as a kid:

Skateboard.

Sports I played:

Still racing:

SwimRun (I realise this normally requires some explaining, so here are a couple of videos from races I was in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7STGTd8yo0  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgnYP-WzGU)

Ultra distance mountain runnning, fell running & multi day mountain based orienteering

Previous life:

Competitive swimmer

Whitewater kayaker and playboater

Coaching: 

Rugby Union (currently u9s)

Kayaking

Favorite Red Hat memories:

I've only just joined but as a partner I'd say: Partner day before Ansible fest 2017 and Summit 2018 was pretty special, not least because I got to tag on a trip to Yosemite after :) 

Chris Baynham-Hughes
0 Kudos
Sonna
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

Complete and utter novice when it comes to Linux. My employer is putting me through the RH124 course early next year. Very much looking forward to it and spending more time in this community.

Would appreciate any suggested reading in preparation for the course next year.

Best wishes,

Sonna

Hi all, 

I'm Jason, one of the few new trailblazers in the new Redhat Ambassador program. This is a student program that introduces Redhat technology into the classroom. I'm excited to bring industry-standard technology into a high school class where my peers and I can learn skills that are useful in the real world. 

Currently, I'm a high school student at CAST Tech High School in San Antonio Texas. I write programs in SQL, Python, Java, and Bash.  I'm a tech nerd that uses Java and Bash at school in Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Information technology classes. My IT class is focused on Redhat the course is RH134 here I use mainly bash as well as in Cyber Security class. As for in Computer Science is Object-oriented focused on Java. I participate in a nationwide system hardening competition called  Cyberpatriot where I write bash scripts for basic sys-admin tasks. I'm also a financial intern for a web hosting company this is where I write queries in SQL for data visualization. 

I'm not sure what I want to do as my future career, but I know it will be tech-related.

-Jason 

TiffanyA
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

My name is Tiffany Alford and I have recently been selected as a Red Hat Academy Ambassador for Fayetteville Technical Community College. The RH Academy is an innovative program designed to promote Red Hat technologies with high schools and colleges/universities, and create a mesh network of mentorship, growth, and opportunities as RH professionals and students interact with one another. 

I am a career changer coming from a MBA degree background and a career in higher education administration to the realm of Information Technology. I am interested in Cybersecurity, Programming, Web development, and Information Assurance....as you can see my IT interests are pretty diverse!

I took my first Red Hat course (equivalent to RH124) last semester and loved working from the bash shell. It's amazing to me to see how a command typed in a bash shell can affect the GUI interface that the average user sees and has access to. I am looking forward to learning scripting and automation within Red Hat, and also working on community projects once my RH skills are more developed.

As for career goals, I would really like to be able to combine my unique artistic/creative skills with my fascination of scripting and desire to help others. I haven't quite found that niche yet in IT, but I have a feeling I'll find it through the RH Academy!

A little side note trivia about myself: I am also a freelance illustrator and have illustrated two children's books.

"Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently." ~Maria Forleo
NickH
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Are you saying RH124 and RH134 are taught in schools?

What an excellent idea. That has blown my tiny mind.

0 Kudos
TiffanyA
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Yes!...It's pretty awesome. Our textbooks are the same workbooks used for the RH124 course. Our college also has a Red Hat shell scripting class and will start offering an automation class in Fall 2020.

"Success doesn't come from what you do occasionally, it comes from what you do consistently." ~Maria Forleo

Hello,

My name is Andrea, and I am one of the new RH Student Ambassadors. Red Hat launched this pioneer program to introduce RH Technology in schools throughout the US. As a high school student involved in cybersecurity and IT classes, I've been taking the RH124 and 134 courses to prepare for the system administrator certification.

Being one of the participants in a nationwide competition called Cyberpatriot, I've learned the basics of system security and scripting. At first, I used bash to write scripts, but once I heard of Ansible, I became very intrigued. I was introduced to it by my Cyberpatriot team coach, and now, Red Hat has allowed me to work a lot faster and efficiently in competitions thanks to it.

As for my future career goals, I would love to learn more about system security and everything it encompasses. It is such an interesting topic and indispensable for the future.

-Andrea Torres

Maves12
Cadet
Cadet

Hi everyone!

My name is Diego Briceno and I am a high school senior in the High Desert. I have a passion for cybersecurity and basically anything in the tech world!

Here's a little about me! I am president of the cybersecurity club at our school, where we compete in a number of competitions including Cyberpatriot. My dream job is really anything in the cybersecurity field, and I am completely motivated to expand my educational capabilities. I am enrolled in RH124 and Cisco Academy CCNA2. I am also ITF+ certified and on my way to getting my A+.

I have recently been accepted to be a Red Hat Student Ambassador and I am so grateful for this opportunity. I am so excited to start meeting new people in the community and start making new connections :)

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.