Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies
Liz
Cadet
Cadet

Hello from a lately selected Red Hat Ambassador. Estrella Mountain Community College is the main place I go to soak my brain in Linux.  I tend towards the networking and administration side, and thoroughly enjoy learning it. It also helps to have a fantastic teacher, Tracy Baker (I don't think I'll get extra credit for that).

On the side I volunteer with a non-profit Cyber Warfare Range in "Arizona", where we just opened up a Veteran focused Range. I get to administer a wide variety of equipment there and have a wonderful playground to expand my skills. My latest endeavor was to make an alias of clear and then use it to echo a wide variety of playful words and place it throughout several different servers and laptops. It is an absolute joy to see a friend hit clear and end up with a screen full of wtf, and then watch them hit clear again! I next want to make history print out random paragraphs containing eclectic world history.

Also, I am the current Vice President of the Cyber Security Linux User Group, which holds meetings every month (during the school year) at EMCC. At our meetings we have presenters and occasionally workshops as well. This coming November we will be hosting you, Red Hat. It will be very exciting!

I'm looking forward to find out what Red Hat has to offer me, and what I can offer Red Hat in return. :D

Liz

alias clear='echo "fun words and/or ascii art goes here" '

Hello, my name is Kevin Jones, i'm a student at FTCC. I really enjoy learning about Red Hat. I'm currently working towards my Red Hat Systems Admin certification.

bankop
Cadet
Cadet

Hi my name is Paul Banko II and got into this Redhat stuff in my class and I am starting to get into it more and more because I like scripting and thing of that nature therefore that pretty much sums it up for me.

Greetings! My name is Alicia Solis and I am currently a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I look forward to learning more about Red Hat and getting some questions answered along the way.

Hello my name is William Crockett and I am a second year student at Fayetteville Tech community college and we are learning about linux Scripting with red hat academy. I am happy to be apart of the community. 

LyAnMa
Cadet
Cadet

Hello,

I am a new student and am looking forward to learning more about what Red Hat. I am fairly new to computers as well as operating systems. Looking forward to learning what I can.

decarvaa
Cadet
Cadet

Hello Everyone,

My name is Anthony DeCarvalho. I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I look forward to participating in the collective insight and tecniques that this group of experienced or newly learning RedHat enthusiast are willing to share and explore. Thank you for listening.

Respectfully,

Anthony DeCarvalho

FTCC 2019

Ico
Cadet
Cadet

Hello there! My name is Brian Gadbois and I'm a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I have taken quite a few classes in for Red Hat so for. I actually went most of my life not knowing about Linux until college. I come from a family who doesn't know much about computers on a technical level. We had computers and gaming consoles for the most part. Never the newest stuff but we always happen to have the stuff. Wasn't till I built my first computer that my techincal interest began to flourish.

I said earlier that my family owned gaming consoles. I do have a deep love for video games since that is a long time hobby for me. Inadvertantly my display name a reference to a beautiful game from my childhood.  

I hope to learn as much as I possibly can in Red Hat and am thankful for the opportunity to be able to access this archive of information! Hope to get along well enough with everyone!

S_Apulu
Cadet
Cadet

Hi. I'm new in town and I don't know my way around. I'm a student at Fayetteville Tech Com Col. I'm always interested in learning anything dealing with computers. My focus is currently in computer programming and networking. I'm always looking to grow and learn more in this field. I'm hoping that being exposed to this community I can learn and take away more.

Hello, my name is Elissa and I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College, studying Network Management. I'm fairly new to Red Hat but I am happy to broaden my horizens and learn something new

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.