Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies
jeanl4930
Cadet
Cadet

Greetings,  I am currently a student at Fayetteville Tech in NC.  Studing IT/Systems Security and Analysis.  This is my first Red Hat course (Linux/UNIX Single User), my second course with Linux.  I would like to develop my skills in Security and other IT related fields.  And learn more about the different operating systems, especially Linux as it seems to be part of many IT infrastructure.  I am a retired Marine infantryman, but have been wanting to become part of the IT community for many years.  I am very pleased that Red Hat offers this area to continue to learn and grow.    

Hello everyone, 

I am semi-new to Red Hat Linux, and I am participating in this blog for a class assignment. I really like Red Hat Linux, and I do understand that it is going to take time and patience in order to perfect my skills for working with the operating system. I wish everyone the best of luck.

0 Kudos

My name is Tristan Moulton and I am currently enrolled at FTCC. I am 18 years old and grew up in North Carolina. I fell in love with computers at an early age and cyber security really caught my attention early on. Some of my hobbies are video games, football, and computers. I cant wait to be more involved!

0 Kudos

My name is Jeremy. I am currently going to school for Network Management. One of the classes I am taking is about Redhat. I am enjoying learning about Redhat. I feel like it is always good to learn something new no matter what it is. I have been working in the IT field for about 9 years now. I am currently an IT engineer for a .non-profit organization. In my spare time I play all sorts of different video games. Only sport I really follow is Nebraska Football.

0 Kudos

HI, I am a student in North Carolina, pursuing a degree in network managment. Looking for more linux knowledge to set mme apart from my peers in the IT industry.

0 Kudos
JonesRVM
Cadet
Cadet

Hello,

I am a student currently attending Fayetteville Tech pursuing a degree in IT/Computer Programming and Design. This is currently my second year.

This is my first time learning the Red Hat Linux environment, I'm really enjoying it and hoping to learn a lot more from the community.

0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Jerel, I am currently a student studying Network Management/Administration. My schooling is based out of Fayetteville, NC at the community college level. My primary focus is more set on getting certifications to enter the IT field, but continuing my education at a local 4 year state schools is definitely an option on the table. My exposure to Linux is rather limited to tinkering around with Ubuntu and other gnome like distrobutions. My instructor is very knowledgable with Linux and security. I hope to learn a lot from continuing his courses and learning as much as I can before entering the workforce. 

0 Kudos

Hey how are you all? My name is Jordan Brown and I am a student at FTCC studying Information and System security analysis. I cant wait to see how resourceful this site will be for my future assignments and job field.

0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Darin McDonald and I am a Programming major student at Fayetteville Tech Community College! 

My life term goal is to create video games and I also want to become a great programmer to help me reach that goal

0 Kudos

Good evening, I'm Martial for friends. I am a student at the Fayeville technical community college and I have basic knowledge in this field. I would like to improve his knowledge.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.