Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpham247
Cadet
Cadet

RHCSA EX200 exam

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am preparing for the exam. VDO is not working on rh9. Do anyone knows if Stratis and VDO are removed from the new exam?

I couldn't find any information. thanks

where can I find a comparaison sheet of rh8 exam vs rh9 exam?

thanks!  

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

VDO is no longer taught as a stand-alone topic in RHEL 9 (RH134). Neither is Stratis (update: I am wrong, Stratis is still taught) and file access control lists. Because these things have been removed from RH134, they're no longer on the exam. You won't find them in the published objectives (https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam?...).

VDO, however, has been "moved," . . . kind-of.  It is now part of LVM, as an option.

Containers has been expanded.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College

View solution in original post

dpham247
Cadet
Cadet
0 Kudos
13 Replies
FabioReis
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello @dpham247 

I hope you're fine! 

I strongly recommend raising a ticket with the certification team to solve your issue.

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments

Regards, 

Fabio 

0 Kudos
Tracy_Baker
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

VDO is no longer taught as a stand-alone topic in RHEL 9 (RH134). Neither is Stratis (update: I am wrong, Stratis is still taught) and file access control lists. Because these things have been removed from RH134, they're no longer on the exam. You won't find them in the published objectives (https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/ex200-red-hat-certified-system-administrator-rhcsa-exam?...).

VDO, however, has been "moved," . . . kind-of.  It is now part of LVM, as an option.

Containers has been expanded.

Program Lead at Arizona's first Red Hat Academy, est. 2005
Estrella Mountain Community College
dpham247
Cadet
Cadet

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
scottro
Cadet
Cadet

I wonder if you could confirm that about Stratis being a subject. I recently got Mr Ghori's study  guide  for the RHEL 9 exam, and I emailed him, asking about  the fact that there was nothing about Stratis. He emailed back that it has been removed as an official objective.  Thanks for any input, and apologies for coming late to this thread.

0 Kudos
It has been removed

Sent from my iPhone
scottro
Cadet
Cadet

Great, thanks so much for a quick answer. I feel a bit relieved as the book isn't cheap, though certainly not too expensive (about 34 dollars)

0 Kudos
huyvl3-fptcloud
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

VDO has been keeping me up for a few days with its appearance in RH134 Chapter 8 Manage Storage Stack. Thank you very much for the useful information.

0 Kudos
Hey I have took the exam remotely and I was pretty confident that I past but when I got the result I had 0 on all my objectives which is not possible, maybe I did something wrong can anyone help!
0 Kudos
jadolyo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

How much time of study took you to be confident for the RHCSA exam?

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.