Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 41.6K Views

RHLC Think Tank

Thank you for being a member of the Red Hat Learning Community! As we aim to continuously build this collaborative learning environment, we welcome community backed ideas such as feature requests, platform enhancements, program initiatives and general feedback! 

To submit an idea, you can reply to this post and to support an already mentioned idea, reply to the idea or offer a kudo.

Valid Think Tank Contributions:

• Feature requests or ideas
  • Platform enhancements
  • Additional forum discussions
  • New training courses or offerings
  • General feedback

*Please refrain from contributing counter productive content and attempt to provide constructive criticism. 

Thank you!

Deanna 

--
Deanna
76 Replies
ricardodacosta

Pollute away! Others in the community will benefit :-)

I enjoy reading your contributions - keep going.

Sent from a mobile phone. Please excuse poor punctuation, grammar, and brevity.
Travis

@Deanna -

I know I've mentioned this before about RHLC, but I definitely think we need Spell Check to work all the time. I have the option for Spell Check on original posts, but when I reply to a post or Join a Disucssion, there is no button available and no way to perform spellcheck.

As a super added improvement, it would be great to have spell check enabled by default.

--- Travis

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
0 Kudos
DavidOBrien
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi Travis.

This might just be because I have a few plug-ins installed for my browser, but I have spelling check available everywhere afaict. See attached.

Screenshot_20220310_121813.png

0 Kudos
Travis

Yes ... @DavidOBrien it is the plugins. Grammarly works as well. However, this platform has a spell check function built-in, but it only works on the first post and that tool is only shown there. We had issues like that before with the "code" formatter and it got resolved, but we still haven't resolved spell checking. 

0 Kudos
Travis

Below @DavidOBrien and @Deanna - I've shared a screenshot of the behavior in hopes to make things more clear. Obviously, there are browser plugins available, but I was referring to the inherent editor which is built into the application.Spell Check for New Post - AvailableSpell Check for New Post - Available

Spell Check for Reply - MissingSpell Check for Reply - MissingAs you can see from the screenshots, it won't spell check on a reply unless you've installed some type of browser plugin or extension. Furthermore, it is clear to see that access to the tool is unavailable for the reply editing window.

0 Kudos
DavidOBrien
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Right, I see what you mean. @Deanna is this something that the platform team can look into? Thanks.

0 Kudos
BramMertens
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

One feature I'd like to see is support for something like MarkDown in the editor.

Sites like StackOverflow, github/gitlab a.o. support this and it makes formatting questions/replies much easier IMHO.

RHCE 100-015-239
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.