Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 41.6K Views

RHLC Think Tank

Thank you for being a member of the Red Hat Learning Community! As we aim to continuously build this collaborative learning environment, we welcome community backed ideas such as feature requests, platform enhancements, program initiatives and general feedback! 

To submit an idea, you can reply to this post and to support an already mentioned idea, reply to the idea or offer a kudo.

Valid Think Tank Contributions:

• Feature requests or ideas
  • Platform enhancements
  • Additional forum discussions
  • New training courses or offerings
  • General feedback

*Please refrain from contributing counter productive content and attempt to provide constructive criticism. 

Thank you!

Deanna 

--
Deanna
76 Replies
DavidOBrien
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hopefully it's not just my setup but the theme makes the profile menu entries hard to read when you mouse over them.

hard-to-read-menu.png

ricardodacosta

It's not *that* bad on my side but it could be better.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 9.15.17 AM.png

0 Kudos
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have modified the menus to allow for a better user experience when navigating RHLC - thank you for the feedback!

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 4.30.47 PM.png

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Clicking on a badge, reveals the description for that badge. It seems that if a description doesn't exist then the badge disappears.

I tested this with Curious Contributor. Clicking on it reveals the description.

Clicking on Red Hatter, causes the badge to disappear.

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @ricardodacosta! Descriptions for all badges will be coming soon, in addition to a futher look at UI. 

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
philip_sweany
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Deanna, I know more tweaking is coming, so please excuse any redundant suggestions.  Concerning badges:

* badges appear in a couple of places, and the behavior I describe would not be the same for each, so I will be specific about the location

* on the user's profile, where badges are in a horizontal line - mouse rollover should display the badge name.  Only the badge name, no description here.  The user should not have to go to the full badge screen to see the labels for the badges they have.  Most of the time, the number of badges they have will probably fit on that first line.  Only when they are really interested in seeing all the possible badges would they go to the full screen.

* that last comment is important - that profile line of badges should display enough fundamental info that satisfies the user's basic need for information about them, so that they do not have to go to the full screen (which could be considered as a distraction from what we want then to do, which is go make and respond to postings.)

* on the full badge screen, though, where the badges are already titled, mouse rollover should display the description.  Clicking on the badge should NOT be necessary.  For me, it took me a minute to understand what the description was, because that was not what I expected to see by clicking on a badge.  Not that I was expecting anything else, but I think interfaces have trained us that descriptions are always seen using mouseover text, not clicking through.

* Clicking through any object expects "drill-down" detail, not just a description.  Drill-down for a badge could show (if this is even important to do - maybe not) things like how they got it, where they got it, how many others have it.  Although, all that may be overkill or an unecessary distration also.  

0 Kudos
philip_sweany
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Suggestion:

The wording "Ask a question" is accurate for somescenarios, but it seems odd for starting a non-question conversation or for posting something of interest to all.  On first time posting, it made me wonder if I needed to look elsewhere for posting an informational article or starting a conversation.

Maybe the wording could include more?  "Submit a query, start a discussion or post a tip..." 

ricardodacosta

I believe that that feature is going to be implemented when the full launch of the RHLC is done. At the moment there are some features which have been disabled my design.

@Deanna can confirm.

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great suggestions @philip_sweany! We will have to explore this further and try to integrate additional verbage around the community. 

Recommendation = Add additional wording other than "Ask a Question" to content contribution buttons throughout RHLC.

Suggestions include:

Submit a Query

Start a Discussion

Post a Tip

**Does anyone have additional suggestions here? @ricardodacosta @William 

--
Deanna
ricardodacosta

In addition to the above I'd like to see:

- Cheatsheet (for a nice short summaries of commands)

- How to (for more in depth guides on how to do something)

- Product News or News (for newsworthy items like when a new version of something is released and what's different)

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.