Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 41.6K Views

RHLC Think Tank

Thank you for being a member of the Red Hat Learning Community! As we aim to continuously build this collaborative learning environment, we welcome community backed ideas such as feature requests, platform enhancements, program initiatives and general feedback! 

To submit an idea, you can reply to this post and to support an already mentioned idea, reply to the idea or offer a kudo.

Valid Think Tank Contributions:

• Feature requests or ideas
  • Platform enhancements
  • Additional forum discussions
  • New training courses or offerings
  • General feedback

*Please refrain from contributing counter productive content and attempt to provide constructive criticism. 

Thank you!

Deanna 

--
Deanna
76 Replies
der_Alte
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Can someone re-design this forum? Really. At 100% zoom I can hardly see two short posts on the screen. I wear glasses but I am not blind. It is not user friendly.

Before anyone asks to show you the screenshot... attaching pictures (using the Choose file button) only results in *two* "An Unexpected Error has occurred." messages above the post editor.

Die young, be a beautiful little corpse!
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=100-000-884
0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Hey der_Alte

We appreciate your feedback. This is a young project, and we're really excited about making it a success. We want to serve all Red Hatters.

To do that we need you to contribute in a constructive manner, and we a part of our community - not apart!

We want you to add to our collective success. 

0 Kudos
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@der_Alte Have you had a chance to check out the platform enhancements we have made? Please let us know if this has benefitted the visual experience for you in the Red Hat Learning Community - and thank you for being an early member with good feedback.

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
philip_sweany
Flight Engineer

NOTICE I was going to include a screenshot, but the picture upload feature is not working.  I resized the screenshot smaller, and remove all special characters and spaces from its name, just in case that helped, and it still will not allow me to upload a PNG that is a screenshot.

UPDATE I saved this post without the picture, and then went bacvk to EDIT the post, and from there, the picture update worked.  So, it appears to not work for me only on original posts not yet initially submitted.

I like the overall layout. Nice work.

In the discussions, though, the top level is not very efficient. Takes a lot of scrolling to go through and see what is latest.

My major suggestion, though, would be to do something to ensure that *ALL* of the topic title (question or whatever) displays on the first screen. See the attached screenshot for reference.

To be specific: I notice that for me to understand completely what is being asked or discussed, I want to see the whole title. I know I will have to click through to see the rest of the post, but at minimum, the title should fit for 90% of the posts.

Looking around, I see that most posts have an ellipsis at the end of the title, meaning not all is seen. Also notice, in the attached screenshot, that a lot of screen real estate is being ignored or wasted. This could be a lot wider or dyunamically adjusted.

Another idea: if each post sqaure is going to use up this much space (as opposed to be more of a forum style list of posts) then why not allow the title to display up to two lines (wrapped)? Then, the title would always fit and be readable, I thinkScreen_Shot.png

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Given that the new RH415 course will cover more than just "platform" security as it was in the past. Security discussions can happen in more than one board, so it would be nice to have Security as its own discussion board. Good suggestion. I'm cross posting this to Think Tank.

0 Kudos
Rik_NL
Flight Engineer

Lacking from the portfolio and the discussions is a topic that is very hot in my part of the world. And that topic is security. We don't have any serious offering at the moment. It is hidden in different courses as a ugly duck. Even with tooling like Ansible and Satellite and IdM/IPA, we are doing a technology push, without any methodology or strategy.. 

Or am i missing something ?

To me personal, IT security is very close to my hart. The importance of a secure system cannot be overstated.Please let the sparks fly on this discussion. 

ricardodacosta
Moved:

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Given that the new RH415 course will cover more than just "platform" security as it was in the past. Security discussions can happen in more than one board, so it would be nice to have Security as its own discussion board. Good suggestion. I'm cross posting this to Think Tank.

0 Kudos
ricardodacosta

Instead of "Accept as Solution" how about we rename it to "Solved". That way, if others ask questions and they're satisfied with the answer that they've received, they can "close" the thread.

0 Kudos
flozano

Replying to an email from RHLC is supposed to post a reply into a forum?

I ask because I got an email about an answer from Ricardo DaCosta to me:

https://learn.redhat.com/t5/Automation-Management-Ansible/Besides-CLI-editors-what-are-you-using/m-p...

I replied to this on my e-mail client (Gmail) but my answer does not show in the forum.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.