cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding EX200 LVM

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Need help to understand Logical Volume Creation in EX200 Examination .

Question is We need to create datasource lv and vg is datstore , but when i checked disks using lsblk there is no disks left , in this scenario , how to proceed and create a logical volumes if there is no disks left, there are two disk which already occupied for diskpartition and logical volume creation.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen Racha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @NaveenRacha !
Due to the NDA I cannot discuss anything directly related to the examination scenarios or questions, However - I can say that you should read the instructions and questions very carefully to understand the demand of the question's objective. All that you need to troubleshoot a scenario is provided by the exam setup - If you dont see something eg the extra disks - most surely it is not needed either. You dont need a new disk everytime to create an LVM ( unless you are asked to do so ). So, you should check the existing disk for available space and then use fdisk or parted to create a new LVM partition. 

I will suggest you to revisit the LVM topic from the course and see if it now helps. 

Refer here : https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/pdf/configuring_and_managin... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chetan_Tiwary_

Hello @NaveenRacha !
Due to the NDA I cannot discuss anything directly related to the examination scenarios or questions, However - I can say that you should read the instructions and questions very carefully to understand the demand of the question's objective. All that you need to troubleshoot a scenario is provided by the exam setup - If you dont see something eg the extra disks - most surely it is not needed either. You dont need a new disk everytime to create an LVM ( unless you are asked to do so ). So, you should check the existing disk for available space and then use fdisk or parted to create a new LVM partition. 

I will suggest you to revisit the LVM topic from the course and see if it now helps. 

Refer here : https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/9/pdf/configuring_and_managin... 

0 Kudos

Yes understand not needed new disk every time to create a LVM , I don't know we can create pvs from disk partition as well,Since i have created swap space from new disk , no disk left and thought we couldn't create lvm ,  Now i am cleared we can create a lvm disk partitions as well, Thanks for your reply again.

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen Racha

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.