poleary
Cadet
Cadet

Remote access via SSH to lab

Jump to solution

In previous courses like RH294 we were able to direct SSH from local client to the classroom workstation. Is that still possible for this DO374 course?

I know I can likely setup a reverse tunnel by first connection from the workstation to my external IP; but that assumes I expose SSH on my firewall.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Travis

@Wasim_Raja -

SSH access isn't enabled for any of our courses provided through RHLS. We do have several courses internally with SSH access on our internal Red Hat University (RHU), but this isn't generally available. @poleary must have accessed one of the courses that had both SSH enabled and the web console.

For now, most courses will have the Classroom Web Terminal which is as close as we can get to SSH that will give a session to the workstation VM through Jupyter notebooks.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Wasim_Raja

@poleary Unfortunately, the direct SSH for the lab of DO374 is not available yet but it should be available in the near future along with the direct Workstation terminal access which makes the copy/paste much easier. 

0 Kudos
alexajo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I've never heard of this before, can you please explain this a bit? And is it available now, 6 months later?

Travis

@Wasim_Raja -

SSH access isn't enabled for any of our courses provided through RHLS. We do have several courses internally with SSH access on our internal Red Hat University (RHU), but this isn't generally available. @poleary must have accessed one of the courses that had both SSH enabled and the web console.

For now, most courses will have the Classroom Web Terminal which is as close as we can get to SSH that will give a session to the workstation VM through Jupyter notebooks.

Travis Michette, RHCA XIII
https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify?certId=111-134-086
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR / CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR AND EXAMINER
Red Hat Certification + Training
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.