Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1_awsd_2
Cadet
Cadet

Compatibility Test Run

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Can it problems if I run the compatibility test way before the exam? Can it nullify my scheduled exam?

I know that in the "Getting Ready for your Red Hat Remote Exam" document it states that the test should be run 2-3 days prior to the exam, but it would be easier to know and fix the compatibility problems, in case there are any, in time than to reschedule the exam in the last minute.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TM
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi @1_awsd_2,

I do not think that it will be a problem.

I am not seeing a compatibility check run on some hardware (and other environment such as the Internet connection) succeeding today and then failing a month later.

Still, you will still be in position to rerun the compatibility check few days before writing the exam in order to make sure everything is still in order, and if not eventually being able to reschedule.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TM
Flight Engineer

Hi @1_awsd_2,

Normally you can reschedule your exam 24 hours before the booked time.
Rescheduling is not related to runnning the compatibility test.

Regards,

1_awsd_2
Cadet
Cadet

Hi @TM,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I know that rescheduling is not related to running the compatibility test.

What I do not know is that if I run the test now and not 2-3 days before the exam, my exam is scheduled aproximately 1 month from now, then will it be a problem or not?

Regards.

0 Kudos
TM
Flight Engineer

Hi @1_awsd_2,

I do not think that it will be a problem.

I am not seeing a compatibility check run on some hardware (and other environment such as the Internet connection) succeeding today and then failing a month later.

Still, you will still be in position to rerun the compatibility check few days before writing the exam in order to make sure everything is still in order, and if not eventually being able to reschedule.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AnithaRaaji

Hi @1_awsd_2 ,

Though you test your exam environment a month ealry, You might still get issues if there is any changes in system due to  update or your Broadband connection is unstable. It is advisable to perform the compatibility test 2-3 days prior to exam schedule as well. 

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.