cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pob579
Cadet
Cadet

what is Stand Among x86-64 Virtual Machines?

Hi,
I am reading some docs from potential solution supplier...
Cannot find any word on web about the term "Stand Among x86-64 Virtual Machines" used in the doc.

Here is the exact lines from the doc:

1. "Red Hat Linux support for Flex requires that the Client Enterprise Information Technologist be professionally certified to support and manage Flex Production Server requirements
for Stand Alone x86-64 Machine and Stand Among x86-64 Virtual Machines hosting Guest Red Hat Linux and Guest OS VM Partitions."

What for god sake is "Stand Among" means? And does the statement about professional certification for supporting and managing Flex production Server is true?

2. "Flex Production domains are designed to operate in multiple Physical x86-64 frames and Virtual Machines". 

Could somebody point to Flex documentation please. Would like to check more about "Flex Production domain". Looks like it's official Flex (Red Hat term).

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Forrest
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

This is obviously a translation done by a non-native English speaker.

Stand among is opposed to stand alone in that sentence.  Using context clues, I would say that they want to contrast a bare metal machine (stand alone) with a virtual machine (stand among).

You would have to provide some more information on where you found this quote.  I'm not sure what Flex means in this situation.  There are Flex Guest entitlements in Red Hat Satellite, and there is a FLEX (Field Level Engineering EXperts) Consulting program.   There is an HP Superdome Flex hardware and IBM Flex System x240 that are certified to run on RHEL.  I can't find anything on the Internet that matches "Flex Production Domains".

0 Kudos
Fran_Garcia
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

And there's also FlexLM by flexera https://www.flexera.com/products/flexnet-manager.html . Honestly this does not look like an on-topic question here.

0 Kudos
pob579
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you Flight engineers :) !

Your answers just confirm my view on the doc. There are some Big Bull things.

For me these things are just a demonstation of their "glorious" product. I digged in and found that the suit of their applications called FLEX. I am sure that they are using UNIX Lex (Linux FLEX). Their main product is on AIX. But for this particular solution they provide 2 options:

RHEL or AIX as OS.

BTW, it's pretty huge develloper in the US, so they are NATIVE English speakers.

I am not :)

Thank you again for the insight. I have couple of internal meetings prior to communicate with them.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.